Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

I was a regular at Roxys went from the early 80's to the 90's , most of my best memories are of nights there, and

i have lost my dignity there many a time, one particluar time in the old phone booth they used to have at bottom of stairs nr doors, but shame prevents me from sayin anymore lol

I remember that the toilets used to be good , cus u could leave a fella outside one entrance and go out the other one and find another ,

ohh the drinks

£1 a pint = pint of lager & black or snake bite

This was true, me and my mate have left a few at one door and gone out of the other, sorry

Went to Roxys almost every weekend back in the late 80's early 90's. The upstairs dancefloor was my usual hangout then they remodeled it and it was even better. A lot of good memories. I remember my buddy falling into the urinal downstairs and his whole arm went into the trough....he was soaked with urine lol. Remember dancing around the dancefloor with my trousers rolled up around my knees to the song "Im too sexy".

Good days :)

i had many a good nite there to.we went thursday @ 18.it was over 25s.we new bouncers.always a right laugh.the music thursdays was spot on.we never sat down.so funny though with all the young guys going with the grannys.in the mornings many a quick exit when the light was back with morning!lol.remember 1 woman dressed like marilyn monroe.she had 3 bad paper rounds!lol.out of beer goggles they thought she was.give her her dew she always pulled.it was a sad day when it died.

had some great nights in roxys, lol had some very nice women as well,I used to go there every week oh good times.

Grab a granny was brilliant.

Wish they did a grab a grandad now.

Grab a granny was brilliant.

Wish they did a grab a grandad now.

yep thursday nights was one I never missed.

I used to go in 93-95, I was 14 when i first went and I loved it! lol, Me and my friend dressed as devils one year, complete with tails we had made ourselves, or we used to wear knee high boots and "pop socks" along with a white shirt and tank top all finished off with a flat cap! quality lol, we used to go fridays and some saturdays, all the bouncers were perverts lol there was a big one with skin head who was nice looking, but they all used to get a slapper and go for a s**g in the upstairs disabled loo, class!, "Saturday night" by wigfield i think was playing then and we used to stand in a line doing the daft dance lol, Great laughs at that place but i must agree if i thought my son would go somewhere like that id go mad lol fortunately hes only 2! lol

Josephines was a dump and the vip area upstairs was always full of footballers doing drugs with whores stood next to them, Only went there a few times , thought it was rubbish compared to poxy lol

bring back the Crazy Daisy i say.

YEAH i second that.......lol rum and black and................alzimers kickin in

Oh yes mate ,she brings back some great memorys

She was a well proportioned girl wasn't she?

Went to Roxys almost every weekend back in the late 80's early 90's. The upstairs dancefloor was my usual hangout then they remodeled it and it was even better. A lot of good memories. I remember my buddy falling into the urinal downstairs and his whole arm went into the trough....he was soaked with urine lol. Remember dancing around the dancefloor with my trousers rolled up around my knees to the song "Im too sexy".

Good days :)

And that concludes today's sermon. We shall now sing hymn number 84 - All things bright and Beautiful.............

I remember Roxy's in the early eighties had two dance areas. The big one downstairs and a smaller one upstairs. The smaller one used to play alternative music such as Killing Joke, New Order etc. What was the one in the High Street on the left hand side going down?

And just like Kirky i also met my now ex wife there.