Challenge: Feed yourself for less than £2 per day!

Is this anything to do with why you're so keen to get out of Sheffield?

I don't have anything like ketchup, salt, pepper, margarine, hendersons etc..

I also don't have any coffee, or tea bags, and no milk..

I have already gone through everywhere looking for change, oh, and I don't have a washing machine either!! (I have to wash my clothes in the bath, or go to a laundrette)

You obviously have an internet connection and looking at your posts you're a bit of a gadget freak so you must have lots of other potentially saleable goods. Therefore I don't think you're anywhere near as poor as you make out. Sell off your laptops, mobiles and gaming consoles and use the money to pay your rent and buy food. It's a question of priorities.

You obviously have an internet connection and looking at your posts you're a bit of a gadget freak so you must have lots of other potentially saleable goods. Therefore I don't think you're anywhere near as poor as you make out. Sell off your laptops, mobiles and gaming consoles and use the money to pay your rent and buy food. It's a question of priorities.

Maybe his tech represent an investment in his future earning potential? Like the tools of his trade? Sure, he could sell those off, to pay for food here and now, but at what cost?

One has to weigh these things up carefully, and *sometimes* a little pain in the here and now, is a worthwhile trade-off for a better chance at future prosperity.

---------- Post added 12-08-2013 at 13:07 ----------

How come you're not earning? Working in IT? You must have some saleable skills in the area?

Try Icelands freezer shops, they have some great deals and most things are a £1 and sometimes less. Good Luck

How come you're not earning? Working in IT? You must have some saleable skills in the area?

There aren't a great number of IT jobs in Sheffield, Leeds is a bit of an IT hot spot, as is north yorkshire.

Manchester isn't bad but getting there and back can be a bit of an expedition, especially in winter

There aren't a great number of IT jobs in Sheffield, Leeds is a bit of an IT hot spot, as is north yorkshire.

Manchester isn't bad but getting there and back can be a bit of an expedition, especially in winter

I wonder if it's worth him considering starting up his own business? Or moving to Leeds or Manchester?

Have you considered either of those options Ghozer?

I wonder if it's worth him considering starting up his own business? Or moving to Leeds or Manchester?

Have you considered either of those options Ghozer?

I had already considered all of these...

To start my own business would require me to drive, I have not passed my test yet (cannot afford it, did lessons when I was workin)

Moving to Leeds or Manchester isn't really a viable option, due to my debts, I would need to be earning in the first instance to be able to rent a property, and I wouldn't pass credit checks at the moment either..

That, and my disabled mum (blind, and has MS) lives in Sheffield, so I need to be as close as possible when i'm not at work/not working!

What about web-development? You could do something like that from home? Maybe focus on sites for small businesses, like B&B's or something? I've been looking up B&B's cos I need to stay over by the coast for a couple of days in October; and most of their websites are shockingly poor. Am sure it would help get them business, if they had better websites etc.

Just a suggestion. May or may not be for you, I don't know, but keep thinking! Maybe ask some of the business owners on here for advice? (not me though, I'm very small-fry and only know about mobile games).

Hi Ghozer,

Hopefully your through your tough spell and things are a little better.

My suggestion in addition to what people have already written would be to scour the edges of your local parks/nature walks. Currently it is a great time for blackberries (you'll find them on brambles, given the council haven't cut the parks back as much there are even more about this year) I've picked lots recently and made crumbles. You don't necessarily have to do a crumble which can end up being expensiveish if you don't already have already the ingredients but you could just use the fruit as free snacking food.

Ok, to help out... here's a list of foods I don't like (when I say don't like, I mean, to the point of physically making me gag when I eat it)

Tomatoes

Beans (any and all types)

Swede

Sweet Potato

Lentils

Mushrooms

Fish... really cannot stand ANY sea food

(Will add to, as I remember)

Then you also have to take into account things like, Butter, milk, cooking oil, and things people would normally just have in the house... I have NONE of them...

And something else, it's ok saying buy economy stuff, but it all depends on the closest shop to me that sells such things, I can't go to Lidl or Aldi as they are the opposite side of the city to me...

1/You need to find some farmers fields and see what crops can be had.

2/ Road kill

3/Apples are coming on nicely this time of year.Plus other fruit bearing trees and bushes.

You cannot afford to be that fussy.

Start eating oats/porridge and root vegetables.