Driving licence question??

Hi. I had a speeding fine about a month ago.I sent my licence in and have had it returned with the endorsement written in ink on my paper licence?:huh:Is this allowed?

Of course, why wouldnt it be allowed?

I used to know a girl who typed the endorsements onto the paper license.

I used to know a girl who typed the endorsements onto the paper license.

quite.....I expected it in type other than inked AND The back of the envelope had sellotape across it? Seems a tad strange...

quite.....I expected it in type other than inked AND The back of the envelope had sellotape across it? Seems a tad strange...

Lots of places use tape on the envelope. Some places don't have fully automated systems or systems that are 100% perfect so they often require the human touch.

I've seen them come back with points handwritten on. Not mine of course :D

Don't knock it, years ago i had a handwritten 3 points for 45 in a 40 not long before I moved house and had left my licence on the side in my conservatory. Sent the licence back to change addy and the handwritten points had obviously faded enough in the sun that my new addy licence came back clean from the dvla.

don't knock it, years ago i had a handwritten 3 points for 45 in a 40 not long before i moved house and had left my licence on the side in my conservatory. Sent the licence back to change addy and the handwritten points had obviously faded enough in the sun that my new addy licence came back clean from the dvla.

Brilliant!

Hi. I had a speeding fine about a month ago.I sent my licence in and have had it returned with the endorsement written in ink on my paper licence?:huh:Is this allowed?

Yes, it is fine. I check many licences each week and there are some typed and some hand written.

Thanks all for clearing that up...