What a palaver renewing my photo driving license

What a mare . I have to renew my picture driving license & sent all documents off including 20 squid & a picture which I had from my previous one because I haven't changed since it was taken . Now DVLA have sent it back saying they want a more recent picture even though I haven't changed since the original one. Now I have to go & spend more money getting some new ones done when I hate those photo booths. How irritating is this , gets right on my nerves.:loopy:

They probably thought you were irritating sending the renewal without a recent photo doh! Why else would they be asking for you to renew it.....

I bet they were all having a right laugh at you in the office :hihi:

It's a heck of a lot more than that if you lose it and need a replacement.

Edit: Seems i'm wrong and it is £20, but when i checked it out at the time it was definitely more. Maybe they've changed the price due to people not bothering.

It did use to be free when you changed address,dont know if that is still the case,then again taking into consideration the cost of the move,its hardly worth it.:)

Maybe it is, but £20 every 10 years? I don't think it's so much the cost people have issues with, it's the remembering the expiry date, the paper work and photo etc

They send you a reminder so we don't have to remember the expiry date :)

It did use to be free when you changed address,dont know if that is still the case,then again taking into consideration the cost of the move,its hardly worth it.:)

Yes i think a change of address is still free. Maybe it's that what put me off, being charged for a simple loss when a change of address is completely free.

It's never bothered me either way.

They should have issued you with a 'producer'.

I specifically asked them not to as i explained i wouldn't be able to produce my license, they didn't have a problem with it. They always check the data base before they pull you anyway, to see if you try and con them with false details.