Just a tad mad at moment thanks to Ancestry

I found out today that Ancestry had renewed my membership without my permission . I asked them not to because I was leaving it for a year . So what do I find that on looking at my on line banking that they have taking another years fee. ER HELLO ! What part of I don't want to renew my membership don't they understand. SO ! now I am going to ring them & ask what is going on . Anyone else had problems ?

I have heard lots of people have this happen to them. They make the cancelling procedure really complicated in order to try and catch you out. You need to let them know in writing as soon as possible as there is something like a 14 day cooling off period when you can cancel.

They did this to me, I contacted them and told them I had not had a reminder as apparently you get an email a week before it is due to be renewed, they refunded me no problem. I asked at the bank if it was a DD to make sure it was stopped and she couldn't find any debit to them, she then found it and said it was naughty what they were doing because they should not do it the way they were. Not sure how she said it was set up just that they should not do it like they were.

---------- Post added 13-07-2013 at 12:00 ----------

I have just bought the 2012 version of FTM for the 6 months Ancestry but put a reminder on my Outlook calendar to make sure I know a week before it is due to run out.