Please help --dog attacked

mjhal

i partly agree with your comments, i would not like to think my bully could do anything like this, but as the police have said the owner needs to be addressed,

also this does not help this lady who has just lost her bet friend

I'm disappointed that I'm the first to say this but I'm so sorry for your neighbour having to not only witness this attack but to lose her little companion in such horrendous circumstances, and I hope she receives some help in coming to terms with this. RIP little pooch

Thanks for the warning,

I'm disappointed that I'm the first to say this but I'm so sorry for your neighbour having to not only witness this attack but to lose her little companion in such horrendous circumstances, and I hope she receives some help in coming to terms with this. RIP little pooch

Thanks for the warning,

thank you for your kind words, which i will pass on to her

---------- Post added 11-07-2013 at 21:44 ----------

True, it is possible the child could get caught in the crossfire, same as any adult would. But it doesn't mean the dog is necessarily aggressive to children or going to bite a child.

You could say any dog is a risk to children with that thought process, which isn't really true.

But it is most definitely sounds dog aggressive and needs to be under control which it is not.

Shame on the dog owner.

just amagine if that happened to your baby---dog , you would feel totally different ?

Regardless of the dogs breed it is undoubtedly a danger to other dogs, it is also out of control in a public place...his owner is also a disgusting person, if he can't face up to what his dog has done or keep him under control he should not be allowed to ever have another dog again, how disgraceful to tell the poor distraught Woman that her poor dog needs to be taken to a vet and to walk away, what a poor excuse for a Human being.

That owner needs hitting with the full force of the law in my opinion, he needs to be paying for the vet bills, he needs to be paying for the dog, and he needs to be paying compensation to that Woman for what she went through, that will never make the Woman feel better or make her forget what happened but it might go some way to her at least not having to worry about money, and make other owners of vicious dogs think about what they are doing :mad:

RIP poor little dog, and I hope that his owner is coping with what has happened :(

What a terrible story..RIP little one. The owner should be made to take full responsibility of this. a few weeks ago a dog was in Hills park off lead and attacked 2 small dogs which were on lead. Owner shouted it back..totally ignored him..finally the dog ran off after being struck by the small owners dog..what did the owner do?? kept the blooming dog off lead and carried on walking it around the park:rant::rant::rant:

My saluki x is terrible with other dogs so she is always muzzled and on lead..only let her off in certain areas. It's hard having a dog with dog on dog aggression as your walks can become quite fraught. I know what she is and take responsibility.

As for a dog harming a child I think that is an assumption. Moll is a cow bag with other dogs however with people she is sooo gentle and is fab around kids. When offered food she takes it off you so gently and often leans more on children for a stroke than what she does adults.I would however never leave her, or my other dog, alone with any child as I don't trust either of them. A child would not pick up the warning signs a dog is showing therefore if they are pushing it too far are more likely to get bit..

Regardless of the dogs breed it is undoubtedly a danger to other dogs, it is also out of control in a public place...his owner is also a disgusting person, if he can't face up to what his dog has done or keep him under control he should not be allowed to ever have another dog again, how disgraceful to tell the poor distraught Woman that her poor dog needs to be taken to a vet and to walk away, what a poor excuse for a Human being.

That owner needs hitting with the full force of the law in my opinion, he needs to be paying for the vet bills, he needs to be paying for the dog, and he needs to be paying compensation to that Woman for what she went through, that will never make the Woman feel better or make her forget what happened but it might go some way to her at least not having to worry about money, and make other owners of vicious dogs think about what they are doing :ma

RIP poor little dog, and I hope that his owner is coping with what has happened :(

The voice of common sense. totally agree.