Are Tattoos Attractive?

Sadly it's not just you. But hey Ho! Fat women will continue to wear leggings, despite the fact that they make them look like an idiot. Same with chavs and caps that don't fit!

Who are you or I to stop them doing what they want with their appearance?

LMAO... I hear you !!! And Agree!!!

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 02:16 ----------

That wasn't the question, though. OP asked 'Are tattos attractive?'.

You clearly think they are. Many others do not. It's subjective.

Your thread was more interesing because it challenged the morality of discriminating against people with visible tattoos. All this thread can do really is record whether people like the look of them or not, which is neither here nor there. It's a bit like saying 'Do you find street furniture attractive?'

????? :confused:

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 02:26 ----------

Dad Memorial Tattoos Tattoos are not just about an inking with love and hate. Sometime It's about a loved one. Who are we to judge?

My advice on this subject is,if you do have a tattoo ensure you go to a first class artist tattooist and have it somewhere you can easily cover it up.This comes from somebody who bears the work of Charlie,wilkinson st and over the years am sick of people asking me what is supposed to be.So be careful.

Tattoos aren't what they used to be. Actual artists are moving into the business. People collect art to hang on their walls and they pay great sums of money for it.

You're right though. The more you pay for a tattoo, the better. You won't get an infection from a reputable artist.

The only other thing is other people's perception of them and thankfully the people with a negative perception are slowly dying out. One day (probably not in my life time), no one will care what you look like. People will just be free to be people.

Nail on head. Having a tattoo is effectively a form of self-harm, a feeling that you're so disgusted with your body that you want to deface it. The sad fact is no matter how much of your body you cover, it will never mask your low self esteem.

Don't take my word for it, ask some expert psychologists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/5095591/Having-tattoos-like-David-Beckham-is-a-sign-of-low-self-esteem.html

We've been through all the negative associations of tattoos on this thread. Can anyone suggest something positive about having a tattoo and how it makes other people perceive you?

Ahh yes, the Telegraph, the source of all true wisdom... I'm a Psychologist with Tattoos and that is utter bull... While it may be true that some people with Tattoos do have low self esteem, the same can be said for people who don't have them too... Mine wasn't in any way a form of self harm, i am quite happy with my body and don't feel any need to harm it whatsoever. In fact, i look after it rather well, being a Level 3 Personal Trainer as well...

Generalizing people who have tattoos says more about you than the person you are judging. Take me for example: I have a degree and am currently doing another course. I have a full time job as a support worker for people with sensory difficulties, i am a model, a kick boxer, a gymnast and, in case you hadn't noticed, can spell pretty well too... Am i a 'low life thug', 'a slapper', 'unintelligent', 'a meat head (which, by the way is two words, not one)' and all the other things you have categorized people with tattoos as being? My tattoos were a personal choice for me, put on my body and quite frankly, it is nobody else's business what we do with our bodies is it? You don't know me, so why would you assume you do just because i have a tattoo?

If you ask me, that is more unintelligent...

Some tattoos can be quite useful; my cousin has a shopping list tattooed on her upper arm "bread, toilet roll, Beano" and 3 or 4 other items. When she goes shopping she just ticks off each item, really very clever. I was thinking of getting a tattoo of a map to Bridlington on my leg to make future travels a lot less hassle. Attractive? Not so much. Practical? Yes.

I know a few people that have tattoos as way of respect to their dead kids. If it makes them feel better in some small way then I think its good.

I know a few people that have tattoos as way of respect to their dead kids. If it makes them feel better in some small way then I think its good.

My tattoos are to commemorate my grandchildrens' births, and my bond with my sister. I like them, and in no way regret them.

Most people who have tatoos have low levels of achievement. They are compensating.

My tattoos are to commemorate my grandchildrens' births, and my bond with my sister. I like them, and in no way regret them.

Yip I understand what you're saying. But some do not understand why many have tattoos. I would love for some to stop and think before posting on something they have no understanding about.

---------- Post added 27-09-2014 at 23:22 ----------

Most people who have tatoos have low levels of achievement. They are compensating .

They are compensating - For what?

They are compensating - For what?

It's nothing new. The majority of people with tattoos have low levels of achievement, a lower than average IQ and low self-esteem. Without tattoos society ignores them so to compensate...