Supertram Summer Engineering Works - Spring lane

In addition to the farce coming home yesterday evening, when I went in to town yesterday (via the 18:54 tram from Gleadless Townend) I & everyone else boarded the bus B2 which was waiting at Spring Lane with the engine running - driver & a female employee standing outside talking.

After about 5 mins the engine switched itself off. Driver still outside smoking. Then another B2 arrived & blocked in the B2 on which we were all waiting. Said driver & female employee went for a chat with the other B2 driver. After another couple of minutes the second B2 set off back towards town... leaving "our" B2, which was there first, still at the stop.

Why couldn't we have been told that another B2 was on its way & would be going out first? After a total wait of around 10 minutes "our" B2 finally set off - then stopped at Fitzalan Square for ages at which point I got off in disgust.

Coming home last night there was the now obligatory 10 minute wait at Spring Lane due to the bus arriving 10 minutes before the tram went out.

Also why do the majority of B2 drivers persist in the practice of slamming on the brakes every fifty yards when heading down City Rd & Granville Rd? Aren't they taught the "art" of progressive braking? Makes for an extremely uncomfortable ride on the way to work each morning. If I want to be thrown around I'll go to Alton Towers...

It's the management they don't give a toss about people they sit in there little office on there arse thinking they know how to run the system they know nothing . They heads are so far up there arse to see what's happening to the system.

For the next two weekends - from "about" 20:00 on Fridays (Sept 13th & 20th) until the end of each Sunday - replacement buses will be running to/from Middlewood & Malin Bridge through to Spring Lane due to work at Shalesmoor. There is(!) a timetable on Supertram's website which indicates that B2 will be leaving town - for Spring Lane - in the evenings at the usual times i.e. 10, 30 & 50 mins past. This is helpful.

Additionally!

From Monday 16th Sept to Thursday 3rd Oct inclusive, at all times the replacement buses will be running to/from Gleadless Townend instead of terminating at Spring Lane (due to work at Spring Lane & Ridgeway Rd) - trams will be running between Halfway & Gleadless Townend instead of between Halfway & Spring Lane. Again, there's a timetable on the website - which states that B1 & B2 will both be replaced by B3 ("stopping bus") at all times during this period. This will actually be much better - for me - (as long as the buses are of sufficient capacity....) because I live at Townend hence won't have to wait for "connecting" buses & trams at all. In the evenings B3 will apparently depart from Castle Square for Townend at the "B2 times" of 10, 30 & 50 mins past.

Edited by GleadlessLad

Hi, I get the B2 replacement service to and from town from Park Grange Road. I have looked at the info on the Stagecoach website regarding the revised rail replacement from 16th sept until 3rd oct. Am I correct in thinking that people using Park Grange Road bus/tram stops can come home from town on the new B3 bus but can't get to town? I have called Traveline but they were not even aware of the upcoming changes. Utter shambles. Stagecoach couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.

Hi, I get the B2 replacement service to and from town from Park Grange Road. I have looked at the info on the Stagecoach website regarding the revised rail replacement from 16th sept until 3rd oct. Am I correct in thinking that people using Park Grange Road bus/tram stops can come home from town on the new B3 bus but can't get to town? I have called Traveline but they were not even aware of the upcoming changes. Utter shambles. Stagecoach couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.

It's not stagecoach as a whole . It's just stagecoach supertram the management are a shambles. I here on the great vine that there is going to be a vote of no confidance agaist the management of stagecoach supertram thats how bad they are!

I am not sure, but my grasp of it is that there is a circular element to parts of it, so you'd have to get a B3 going out of town and change at City Road onto another B3 heading inwards.

Or have I got it wrong?

The B3 ran on the weekends where they were doing the works up at Manor Top.

So if you are getting on the B3 somewhere on Norfolk Park, you have a few choices:

- Get on the B3 , go up the hill, get off at Spring Lane and then walk round the corner to the bus stop near the petrol station and pick up ANOTHER B3 there.

- Get on the B3 and go all the way to Gleadless, then wait until it turns round and go back into town. This may take a while though!

- Walk to the City road stop in the first instance.

Obviously Stagecoach have deduced the number of people who use the tram stops in the Norfolk park area who cant be bothered to go upto Spring Lane is exceedingly low, or that they have decided to just walk whilst the weather is a bit nicer.

---------- Post added 13-09-2013 at 10:35 ----------

Anyway why are they bringing the B3 in? Are they replacing the track around the Spring Lane crossover during this period?