So..whats Stannington like

I live near the school and I'm still classed as stannington it's not as if the village is a million miles away its only a bus ride on the number 11 or sl2 bus to the top of the hill that takes 5 minutes. Atill a lovely place with lovely people and nice pubs that are not that far even if you live at the bottom end of stannington

Be careful, princesscjc describes Stannington Village.

There are many out there who would have you convinced that other areas further down the hill are also in Stannington. The estate just above the Anvil pub in Malin Bridge is also described by some as Stannington. This is about a mile from the Village and does not offer the '3 pub crawl' or the amazing views afforded to those in the Village.

...."Gets tin Hat"...!!!

Already got mine on mate !

I'm totally with you on this.

Stannington Village is lovely - fantastic panoramic views across Rivelin valley to Lodge Moor and beyond. Pretty pubs and friendly folk.

I fear that the OP is under the impression that below the Sportsman and beyond is the same and it ain't. She will be disappointed if that's the case.

Stannington post code it may be Stannington Village it ain't. :)

Edited by Daven

I'm leaving S12 for Stannington (the loxley/stanngton valley area) but would like to know more about the area.

Any nice pubs for a start?

Its ok these days. Pretty quiet and non eventful for the most part.

I lived there for about 2 years and no problems at all. Apart from the time i saw a midget dressed as batman. Now that was a surreal moment.

I don't live as far up as the sportsman pub, in fact I don't live as far up as the tall flats, but my postal address is Stannington; once upon a time I think where I live fell within Malin Bridge but the boundaries changed in 60's so its now in Stannington.

Possibly when Stannington Village ceased to be part of Wortley District Council and was swallowed up into the metropolis that is called Sheffield.

That was a sad day and opened the floodgates of claims that the areas of Deer Park, Stanwood, Roscoe Bank and the Woodlands were now part of Stannington. Sounds better I suppose :)

Edited by Daven

Already got mine on mate !

I'm totally with you on this.

Stannington Village is lovely - fantastic panoramic views across Rivelin valley to Lodge Moor and beyond. Pretty pubs and friendly folk.

I fear that the OP is under the impression that below the Sportsman and beyond is the same and it ain't.

Stannington post code it may be Stannington Village it ain't. :)

I live on the stanwood estate and its lovely on there nice a peaceful with some young families like my self it might not be up there with the village but is just as nice if you ask me and the people that live here and it's a million miles better then some places in sheffield!!

I live on the stanwood estate and its lovely on there nice a peaceful with some young families like my self it might not be up there with the village but is just as nice if you ask me and the people that live here and it's a million miles better then some places in sheffield!!

I'm pleased that you are happy where you are living.

Hear, hear me too :hihi:

• 1 month later...

I live at stanwood and would certainly say that like for like houses at the village end or further down are equally as nice. We bought further down instead of in the village to make it easier for my missus to commute on buses.

I can't understand the snobbery you get from some "villagers". Yes the top of Stannington has a really unique feel to it for Sheffield but do these people seriously not think that stanwood or the estates around the Rivelin (hollins rd etc) aren't lovely too. Check out how much a house on the soon to come college gardens will cost.