Help for Heroes announce they will not accept donations from EDL

Not many out of about 175,000 then really.. about 0.3%..quite a small number when you see it that way....

Does their service not count because they're only a small percentage of the armed forces?

Not many out of about 175,000 then really.. about 0.3%..quite a small number when you see it that way....

I think it's a HUGE number when you counter it against the belief amongst many that Muslims are pre-disposed towards treasonous behaviour.

..and of course there are a large number of Muslims serving in British forces.

There are also likely people that support the aims of EDL serving in British forces.

I think it's a HUGE number when you counter it against the belief amongst many that Muslims are pre-disposed towards treasonous behaviour.

You can think what you like BF but it's not a huge number.. :) Considering the UK has about a 5% muslim population it's very under-represented in the forces..

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 15:16 ----------

Does their service not count because they're only a small percentage of the armed forces?

Not at all ,did I say that...? I was questioning BF's assertion of a "large" number..

Edited by truman

There are also likely people that support the aims of EDL serving in British forces.

Getting drunk, fighting the police and doing nazi salutes?

;)

You can think what you like BF but it's not a huge number.. :) Considering the UK has about a 5% muslim population it's very under-represented in the forces..
..and are you surprised? I think that has more to do with alienation than a lack of patriotism.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 15:19 ----------

Perhaps so but they're rather more difficult to identify

Not at all ,did I say that...?

You changed your answer. I prefered your first one.

No, it's not a huge number.

I asked you a question. I never claimed that you had said anything.

You changed your answer. I prefered your first one.

No, it's not a huge number.

I asked you a question. I never claimed that you had said anything.

Of course their service counts.. why would I think otherwise?

Is there actually any point in answering your posts if you don't take the time to read them? :mad:

You asked why H4H would accept donations from UAF and not the EDL as both are political.

My reply explained that.

Yes I read them do you ?

"It's the same for any political party, we don't allow political fundraising. As a charity, we're non-political."

..given that many of you believe Muslims to have their own unpatriotic agenda weren't you surprised to encounter 2? Perhaps the right like to exaggerate this point...besides you're all getting rather worked up over only 2 terrorists.

One could argue that infiltration of enemy forces is a good war tactic, and has been used by the Talban in Afghanistan.

One could argue that infiltration of enemy forces is a good war tactic, and has been used by the Talban in Afghanistan.

How is that relevant to our Muslim service personnel.

Are you suggesting they're our enemy or that the British army is theirs?