Selling stuff on ebay

Hiya,

Thinking about selling some bedroom furniture, will be buyer collect only if I do it cos heavy stuff. What do people recknon is best way to sell, want to get good price. Have thought about posting here, ebay, gumtree or huba. What you guys think? x

Ebay has a collect only option in the postage section of creating a new listing, you can also set a reserve price or have the auction as a buy it now to get the price you desire.

Advertise everywhere you can, no need to have all your eggs in one basket, good luck with the sale.

Hiya,

Thinking about selling some bedroom furniture, will be buyer collect only if I do it cos heavy stuff. What do people recknon is best way to sell, want to get good price. Have thought about posting here, ebay, gumtree or huba. What you guys think? x

Well i would certainly try here first,its free and buyers will be local.:)

Hiya,

I'm a seller on ebay however I would put 'very clearly' that its a payment on collection only auction, you have to accept Paypal however put it in bright red large font writing that its a payment on collection only auction otherwise someone will try to pay you by Paypal which is where the scammers come into play - pay by Paypal, collect then deny its been received, you then have to refund!

Also don't send an invoice, instead email them through the contact the buyer section to reduce the risk

I'm a seller on ebay however I would put 'very clearly' that its a payment on collection only auction, you have to accept Paypal however put it in bright red large font writing that its a payment on collection only auction otherwise someone will try to pay you by Paypal which is where the scammers come into play - pay by Paypal, collect then deny its been received, you then have to refund!

Also don't send an invoice, instead email them through the contact the buyer section to reduce the risk

That's an old wives tale, I've won a few cases as a seller with people who have tried that, lost none.

They can't claim the item wasn't received if it is collection only.

It does help if you arrange the collection through the eBay messaging service and get them to sign for the goods though, as I always do.

Edited by Jabroni

Hiya,

Use Gumtree.... works a treat every time I sell... and buy. All local cash on collection.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 15:45 ----------

Use Gumtree, works like clockwork... buying or selling. Cash on collection...