A quick guide for the idiots who drive on halifax road

Because I pulled in and made an official complaint as he was driving like a lunatic, needless to say he wasn't so loud and dangerous after he was stopped, it must've finally dawned on him what a total prat he was, turned out he was somewhat over the limit however whether that was due to alcohol or drugs I have no idea....long walk home mind....I called in to get some groceries a bit further on and low and behold a recovery vehicle went past with his car on it without him!!! nice, made my day that did....people like that shouldn't be in charge of a dodgem car let alone a road car...they make our policies high because they're stupid.

It was 3-4 years ago on the A61 I think it is just past the Jet garage where the turn off is to Penistone, the road narrows to a single lane.

I can see where the OP is coming from, I hate tailgaters, like its going to get them to their destination quicker???erm no, SET OFF EARLIER!!! Simples

I don't condone tailgaters, speeders, dangerous drivers etc, etc. But I am still confused how you know he got done for speeding, dangerous driving and under the influence. These details are confidential between the Police, DVLA and the driver. Are you saying the Police called you up afterwards and revealed these personal details?

Stuart

Because I pulled in and made an official complaint as he was driving like a lunatic, needless to say he wasn't so loud and dangerous after he was stopped, it must've finally dawned on him what a total prat he was, turned out he was somewhat over the limit however whether that was due to alcohol or drugs I have no idea....long walk home mind....I called in to get some groceries a bit further on and low and behold a recovery vehicle went past with his car on it without him!!! nice, made my day that did....people like that shouldn't be in charge of a dodgem car let alone a road car...they make our policies high because they're stupid.

It was 3-4 years ago on the A61 I think it is just past the Jet garage where the turn off is to Penistone, the road narrows to a single lane.

I can see where the OP is coming from, I hate tailgaters, like its going to get them to their destination quicker???erm no, SET OFF EARLIER!!! Simples

I don't condone tailgaters, speeders, dangerous drivers etc, etc. But I am still confused how you know he got done for speeding, dangerous driving and under the influence. These details are confidential between the Police, DVLA and the driver. Are you saying the Police called you up afterwards and revealed these personal details?

Stuart

i am also at a loss. unless he was at the scene of the arrest, all smug and gloaty.

One other thing that really bugs me about that road is when your travelling down to the road about in the Right Lane where it splits into 3Lanes at the roundabout, if you split off to the left into the Middle Lane you always get some idiot who has been in the Left Lane all the way down who tries to drift over to the Middle Lane without indicating

One other thing that really bugs me about that road is when your travelling down to the road about in the Right Lane where it splits into 3Lanes at the roundabout, if you split off to the left into the Middle Lane you always get some idiot who has been in the Left Lane all the way down who tries to drift over to the Middle Lane without indicating

that isn't exclusive to that roundabout. i'm pretty sure it applies to every stretch of road where two lanes split into three.

True, although nowise nearly impossible to see the markings so I can also kind of understand but they still should indicate

Why......?

If it's very quiet with little traffic on the road I'll get into the left hand lane, but generally when I'm going to work or shopping I find that it's reasonably busy.

Going down past Chaucer School I generally find the traffic travels at 30 - 35mph in the 40 zone and I like to keep at the speed limit.

Where it gets to the 30 zone you sometimes find busses pulled in at the stop blocking the left hand lane, so I stay over at the right there.

Past the Herries Road roundabout both lanes of traffic are equally busy and I ultimately need to be in the right hand lane, so I stay in there.

Coming home I get into the right hand lane because the traffic in the left is often queuing back to turn left into Hillsborough.

Once I've got past that traffic near the Wednesday ground then I move into the left hand lane and stay in it until the traffic merges in Grenoside.

If I was on a long duel carriageway with few exits and entrances then I'd stick to the left hand lane except when I'm overtaking, but the A61 isn't really like that.

Regards

Doom

Just drove down Halifax Road tonight. Watched in amusement as a silver Ambulance minibus pulled out of Rutland Road straight into the right hand lane on an empty Halifax Road. There was a big line of snaking cars behind him, when it was obvious he wasn't turning right, they all undertook him. He then struggled up the hill to the university roundabout, with cars still undertaking him where he then went right.

It wasn't a proper Ambulance, but some sort of minibus, maybe a private owned one. Proper Ambulance drivers are trained and know how to drive.

Halifax road is the only road I can think of where people do this.

Stuart

^^^ your idea of where Halifax Road is doesn't seem to be the same as mine.

Where is Halifax road?

Stuart

By the time i'd caught up to him the cuffs were already on!! I was politely informed by the Police chappy that my version of events was taken down and I could see that the guy was all over the show and hardly able to remain upright though I gathered something was also amiss when his BMW went by on a tow truck a little later on. I did mention at the time he looked drunk and the reply was something along the lines of 'that's the least of his problems'

No i'm not stating that, the Police and DVLA don't provide confidential info to anyone so I'm unsure as to what you are implying...

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 22:45 ----------

Just drove down Halifax Road tonight. Watched in amusement as a silver Ambulance minibus pulled out of Rutland Road straight into the right hand lane on an empty Halifax Road. There was a big line of snaking cars behind him, when it was obvious he wasn't turning right, they all undertook him. He then struggled up the hill to the university roundabout, with cars still undertaking him where he then went right.

It wasn't a proper Ambulance, but some sort of minibus, maybe a private owned one. Proper Ambulance drivers are trained and know how to drive.

Halifax road is the only road I can think of where people do this.

Stuart

There are some ambulances that are a little smaller than the NHS ones, these are private ones and service the Thornbury and Claremont, though there aren't many of them in Sheffield as you have to pay upfront to use them or its on your policy

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 22:48 ----------

i am also at a loss. unless he was at the scene of the arrest, all smug and gloaty.

I can't be bothered to type it again so I've cut and pasted it...

By the time i'd caught up to him the cuffs were already on!! I was politely informed by the Police chappy that my version of events was taken down and I could see that the guy was all over the show and hardly able to remain upright though I gathered something was also amiss when his BMW went by on a tow truck a little later on. I did mention at the time he looked drunk and the reply was something along the lines of 'that's the least of his problems'

c'mon, admit it. you were a little bit smug and gloaty, weren't you? ;)

There are some ambulances that are a little smaller than the NHS ones, these are private ones and service the Thornbury and Claremont, though there aren't many of them in Sheffield as you have to pay upfront to use them or its on your policy

Think I followed one the other day. He was doing 30 on the sliproad off the Parkway. I couldn't figure out if he just didn't know how to drive or if the ambulance couldn't actually go any faster. Dunno what the guy behind me thought flashing his lights would do though lol, as if I could do anything about it.