Unemployed and the nasty Universal Credit. what will happen?

Dont want to start WW3 on this subject, but why do certain sectors of the population that are "unemployed" feel the need to complain about changes to the system, when their ultimate goal should be getting "off" the welfare system bus, and joining the ranks of the working population? It seems the government (no matter if you agree with them or not) are hell bent on making the welfare system so unattractive, that people would better off taking a medial job than claiming the newly introduced "Universal Benefit". We have all seen the newspapers showing people with 20 kids getting £1000,s in benefits, and equally have seen genuine people struggling to cope, but at the end of the day, it seems the general idea is to get more people earning and spending to get the country back on some sort of even ground.

I dont agree that that anyone should be better off on benefits than working, and the old chestnut of that there are only poorly paid jobs, so im better off on the dole etc has now been well and truly trodden on.

Will this new system get the workshy off their bums, and into work, and help the truly needy? If the new system dosent buy the lager and placepots, I think it might just be a step in the right direction, and I hate the Tories!.the

Dont want to start WW3 on this subject, but why do certain sectors of the population that are "unemployed" feel the need to complain about changes to the system, when their ultimate goal should be getting "off" the welfare system bus, and joining the ranks of the working population? It seems the government (no matter if you agree with them or not) are hell bent on making the welfare system so unattractive, that people would better off taking a medial job than claiming the newly introduced "Universal Benefit". We have all seen the newspapers showing people with 20 kids getting £1000,s in benefits, and equally have seen genuine people struggling to cope, but at the end of the day, it seems the general idea is to get more people earning and spending to get the country back on some sort of even ground.

I dont agree that that anyone should be better off on benefits than working, and the old chestnut of that there are only poorly paid jobs, so im better off on the dole etc has now been well and truly trodden on.

Will this new system get the workshy off their bums, and into work, and help the truly needy? If the new system dosent buy the lager and placepots, I think it might just be a step in the right direction, and I hate the Tories!.the

Their needs to be jobs for this to work though ....

My son is 18 and badly wants to work but no one will employ him as he has no experience. How can he get experience if no one gives him a chance. He is hard working and willing to work any hours but to no avail.

Today, my daughter, after 19 years working for the same firm, has been given 'notice of redundancy', after trying to work whilst caring for a severely disabled child. She wants to work but aside from myself, who is also disabled and my mum..a very elderly grandparent, there is no support out there to help with my grandchild. I'll wait to comment on living with the realities of Universal Credits!!!!

My son is 18 and badly wants to work but no one will employ him as he has no experience. How can he get experience if no one gives him a chance. He is hard working and willing to work any hours but to no avail.

Via an apprenticeship I should suggest. There are a few mediocre ones here: http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=56322071&Keywords=apprentice&LTxt=Sheffield%2c+South+Yorkshire&Radius=5&distance=0.0&precision=2

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=56319899&Keywords=apprentice&LTxt=Sheffield%2c+South+Yorkshire&Radius=5&distance=0.0&precision=2

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=56319877&Keywords=apprentice&LTxt=Sheffield%2c+South+Yorkshire&Radius=5&distance=3.7&precision=3

And one very good one advertising now with the National Grid: http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=55104959&Keywords=apprentice&LTxt=Sheffield%2c+South+Yorkshire&Radius=5&distance=0.0&precision=2

If he doesn't have 5 GCSEs at Grade C or higher including English, Maths and Science though, he's going to really struggle.

Nothing will happen. It's the same thing given a different name.

Nothing will happen. It's the same thing given a different name.

Except it will cost millions to change, and more millions to administer, then the software won't work, and after several more millions changing that and making that work it will still be found wanting and the whole debacle will be quietly dropped...

What will happen? It'll all go horribly wrong, that's what, and people will suffer through no fault of their own.

Vote united kingdom independent party

I think that jokes usually go in the "I'm Bored" section.

It’s not an ideal situation, getting our unemployed back to work should be a two pronged approach, cutting benefits and stopping immigration would have left the unemployed wanting jobs and employers with little choice but to employ them maybe with some government help if training is required.

1/. Let's be sympathetic, and let lots of people into the country;

2/. Let's be economically rational, and not waste money making anything here we could import cheaper;

3/. Let's not waste time and money on trainees, when we can hire fully qualified folk from somewhere else.

Then we will have imported extra workers, and exported the jobs.

Jolly sensible and rational program, what?