Allotment Rents doubled!

Just had an invoice through for my allotment and the rent has doubled from last year!

I wasn't consulted about a 100% rent increase, nor was my friend or any other allotment holder I know.

I suspect this council is getting greedy and / or they're wanting to force people off so they can sell the land.

Why would you be consulted? How much is the rent for an allotment for the year, just out of interest.

---------- Post added 29-04-2013 at 12:04 ----------

1st April 2013 - 31st March 2014

Plot Size Rent Water Total

up to 200m² £30.00 £20.00 £50.00

201 - 300m² £42.50 £27.50 £70.00

over 301m² £65.00 £35.00 £100.00

1st April 2014 - 31st March 2015

Plot Size Rent Water Total

Up to 200m² £52.00 £28.00 £80.00

201 - 300m² £72.00 £40.00 £112.00

over 301m² £112.00 £48.00 £160.00

From the council website, I can't see any where the price has gone up 100% as you claim

Letters were sent out early last year to all allotment holders advising of increase, we also had to pay an extra payment in March last year to bring us up to date as they were changing the year start date!

Not that I agree with it at all but are you seriously saying you didn't know anything about it?

the land wont be sold as i believe there are convenants placed on allotment land ( i may be wrong) they just want to get a better return also the water rates have also been increased so they will need to take that inrto consideration

One of the reasons is because they have taken new staff on to keep an eye on the allotments ;)

I got mine through this morning £50 with 50% discount applied.

I also got a bill for an overpayment of housing benefit. The bill is for the grand total of 30p, which in my reckoning is truly pointless when you add together the price for postage, envelope, paper, ink, and then the fees incurred when I pay it online. The mind boggles. It probably cost the council £2 to bill me for 30p.

well by my maths, thats a 200% increase in 2 years, thats shocking!!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

What figures are you looking at? :huh: Mikes figures show a 60% increase.

Green webs show around 92% (£52 to £100)

Archived