Thatchers funeral costs.

I'm still waiting for people to retract their wild claims however. I guess they still havent prised their boots out of their gobs.

Ahem.....

It did - the family paid for the funeral.

If you read the article YOU linked to, it clearly states that the family paid for the 'undertaking costs and the flowers'.

It appears Maggie's children are really that, doesn't it? Most people on this forum would have paid for the actual funeral service and associated transportation, hosipitalilty, for their own parents, I presume. AND most of them, unfortunately, are not multi-millionaires, like Maggies children. What a wonderful legacy.

I'm still waiting for people to retract their wild claims however. I guess they still havent prised their boots out of their gobs.

Aren't we all.

Of course there are but those who didn't worship her do an adequate job of countering most of the nonsense those people spout.

I don't worship her - in fact I've never idolised a false god in my life so I'm not sure where you got that from.

I don't worship her - in fact I've never idolised a false god in my life so I'm not sure where you got that from.

Hi Obelix. I think you need to read my post, and the one it was responding to, again. You'll see I said no such thing.

Must say, though, you're making me think of Queen Gertrude right now.

£3.6 million in total.

Now would all those wildey throwing around £10 million, £15 million, etc like to retract their crazy figures?

No, didn't think you would.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22299372

£3.1 million of that was the cost of policing - if the left wing agitators here could have been troubled to be sensible that wouldnt have been anywhere as high. But they couldnt so remember - that cost you were fulminating about was largely entirely of your own making.

How do you know it cost £3.6?

• 1 month later...

i was talking to a woman who helped in organising the "funeral" at goldthorpe the other day. after paying out for the coffin/horse/ and pipe player they raised £550 for the goldthorpe community fund. she said there was such a turn out they will be holding a aniversary every year:hihi: .

• 6 months later...