Ding Dong! The witch is dead song all discussion in here please

not the folk of Goldthorpe who protested and partied when the vile old witch who destroyed them went to hell.

Life's too short to harbour hatred. Sometimes you lose battles, they should have moved on, but chose to stand still forever and taught their children to hate as well. Maggie died in the Ritz of old age reading a book, I can only hope my ending is as cool as that.

Life's too short to harbour hatred.

I agree.

Maggie died in the Ritz of old age reading a book, I can only hope my ending is as cool as that.

So why rub salt into the wounds?

Edited by Stan Tamudo

I agree.

So why rub salt into the wounds.

Just pointing out that instead of wasting their energy on decades of hatred and bitterness which ultimately got them nowhere, maybe they could have used their anger to drive and fuel a new beginning for themselves. They chose to harbour hatred and teach hate to their offspring. Hardly noble.

Just pointing out that instead of wasting their energy on decades of hatred and bitterness which ultimately got them nowhere, maybe they could have used their anger to drive and fuel a new beginning for themselves. They chose to harbour hatred and teach hate to their offspring. Hardly noble.

How do you know this, have you been to Goldthorpe?

Life's too short to harbour hatred. Sometimes you lose battles, they should have moved on, but chose to stand still forever and taught their children to hate as well. Maggie died in the Ritz of old age reading a book, I can only hope my ending is as cool as that.

they have 'moved on', they lived on, they fetched their kids up, they continued - but when the mortal remains of thatcher were served up as a disgusting display of nationalism, the old emotions were re-awakened as they were with me.

the people of Goldthorpe don't burn thatcher effigies every day - they get on with their lives, they do their best in harsh circumstances, they survive, they moved on 20 odd years ago when the jobs that maintained them were swept away. After all those years they remembered - the congregation in St Paul's remembered and so do we.

not all memories are fond.

How do you know this, have you been to Goldthorpe?

I've literally never been to Goldthorpe.

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 21:12 ----------

But I can witness the absolutely disgraceful behaviour of those who live in Goldthorpe by simply going on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4xqXE_XGs

At 6 minutes onwards, allowing children to be subject to this, shameful display. Still harbouring and teaching hate They evidently haven't moved on at all.

Pay it a visit sometime, it might change your view on things. A lot of the former pit villages in South Yorkshire are grim these days but the people are fine.

But I can witness the absolutely disgraceful behaviour of those who live in Goldthorpe by simply going on youtube.

At 6 minutes onwards, allowing children to be subject to this, shameful display. Still harbouring and teaching hate They evidently haven't moved on at all.

have you seen footage of people celebrating deaths before? saddam, gaddafi, mussolini, etc - when hated people die, those who hated them celebrate - obviously. live with it. the children of goldthorpe and a thousand other places are taught that the thatcher government CHOSE to destroy the industries that gave their towns decent wages and social cohesion, subjected anyone who opposed them to violence and used poverty as a weapon to divide them because that's the truth.

the poverty and deprivation and drug addiction that mar those places isn't the fault of the men who got up in the morning and went half a mile down a hole to produce the heat for your house was it - their work ethic was stronger than yours (or mine), they fought for the right to work and we honoured them last week

Morrissey has had more to say on the noble Baroness Torture's funeral

” On the day that nine British citizens are arrested in Trafalgar Square for voicing their objections to the Baroness, the BBC News instead offer their opening platform to Carol Thatcher, a dumped non-star of I’m a celebrity get me out of here, and to Sir Mark Thatcher (Sir!), unseen since the disgrace of his involvement in selling arms to countries at odds with Britain (magically, he avoided a 15-year prison term and was financially bailed out by his mother – her moral conscience nowhere in sight as Sir Mark patriotically took his 64 million and fled to Gibraltar having been refused entry to Switzerland and Monaco. What kind of mother raised such a son?) Both Mark and Carol get the BBC spotlight because they mourn their mother’s death, whilst those honest civilians who mourn Thatcher’s life are shunted out of view. This is how we see Syrian TV operate, and this is most certainly NOT a week when David Cameron will advise: “hug a hoodie.”

” Thatcher could never show sympathy, or empathy, or understanding to those from whom David Cameron is now demanding a show of civil respect for a woman who, like Myra Hindley, proved to all of us that the female could be just as cruel as the male.”

Incidentally, I wonder why the TaxPayers Alliance haven't been all over the airwaves complaining about taxpayers money being used to pay for her funeral?

Very good post, Torys please take note.

Ding Dong indeed. !!!!

Looks like a good time was had by all and good luck to em, it should be made an annual event with fireworks - a modern take on bonfire night.

Looks like a good time was had by all and good luck to em, it should be made an annual event with fireworks - a modern take on bonfire night.

Teaching pointless hate to children is where the line of morality and decency has sadly been crossed. Pointless hate, they simply couldn't get over it and move on.

“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.”

― Alexandre Dumas

in our house 8' april has been designated 'ding dong day' and will be celebrated for evermore.

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 21:59 ----------

Teaching pointless hate to children is where the line of morality and decency has sadly been crossed. Pointless hate, they simply couldn't get over it and move on.

“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.”

― Alexandre Dumas

disagree - it's what you do when thatcher dies that counts. in fairness, dumas was pretty good at writing musketeer books but he knew naff all about mining communities.

dogtanian was cool - very popular in Goldthorpe I understand.