Ding Dong! The witch is dead song all discussion in here please

But they still voted for her. Odd how someone as unpopular as you seem to think had so much support that she could win 3 election, and yet when Scargill stood for parliament he lost his deposit. :hihi::hihi:

Tony Blair won 3 elections so what, she was still an evil bitch just intent on making the rich, richer and down treading the lower classes. Just ask little kids now grown up, how they miss their daddy as as a result of her policies, either a miner or shop keeper who took his own life.

Tony Blair just stood down as he'd had enough & stupidly this gave the job to Gordon the Gopher.

She was kicked out and stabbed in the back by her party, quicker than Julius Caesar as she was a liability.

Lets face facts Nick Clegg is on record as saying they only struck a coalition with smarmy Dave, as Gordon Brown was the leader of Labour, anyone else they'd have sided with Labour.

Tony Blair won 3 elections so what, she was still an evil bitch just intent on making the rich, richer and down treading the lower classes. Just ask little kids now grown up, how they miss their daddy as as a result of her policies, either a miner or shop keeper who took his own life.

Tony Blair just stood down as he'd had enough & stupidly this gave the job to Gordon the Gopher.

She was kicked out and stabbed in the back by her party, quicker than Julius Caesar as she was a liability.

Lets face facts Nick Clegg is on record as saying they only struck a coalition with smarmy Dave, as Gordon Brown was the leader of Labour, anyone else they'd have sided with Labour.

Once again you mix up your opinion with popular opinion. It is interesting that you should point out that Blair won 3 elections too. Many on here would claim that Blair was a Tory anyhow. Just how many leaders has the Labour Party had apart from Blair who has won a general election in the last 50 years?

Once again you mix up your opinion with popular opinion. It is interesting that you should point out that Blair won 3 elections too. Many on here would claim that Blair was a Tory anyhow. Just how many leaders has the Labour Party had apart from Blair who has won a general election in the last 50 years?

I'd have to look, but their not the argument you're just sidetracking Thatcher is the subject, I didn't like Blair and just so sad we lost John Smith as he would have been possibly the greatest post war PM of any party.

It's not my opinion its fact she was stabbed in the back, and Clegg said that statement. So anyway no going to argue with you, I'm tired so going to rest now, you be happy you seem a nice enough person.

I said person as unsure if male or female, and made that mistake far too often :hihi:

Pete

Just how many leaders has the Labour Party had apart from Blair who has won a general election in the last 50 years?

in numbers of leaders (excluding Thatcher and Blair) who have won elections in the last 50 years, Labour has one - Harold Wilson won three elections - and the Conservatives have two -Edward Heath and John Major won one each

In addition Wilson also led a minority Government as does David Cameron

hope that helps

winning elections doesn't mean you are more popular than unpopular it just means you have a majority of the seats in a non-proportional election system

in numbers of leaders (excluding Thatcher and Blair) who have won elections in the last 50 years, Labour has one - Harold Wilson won three elections - and the Conservatives have two -Edward Heath and John Major won one each

In addition Wilson also led a minority Government as does David Cameron

hope that helps

winning elections doesn't mean you are more popular than unpopular it just means you have a majority of the seats in a non-proportional election system

You need to be popular for folks to vote for your party. Hence Labour would be several points higher with the other Miliband in charge. Similarly Michael Foot only appealed to a very limited audience and would never have led Labour to victory in 100 years.

You need to be popular for folks to vote for your party. Hence Labour would be several points higher with the other Miliband in charge. Similarly Michael Foot only appealed to a very limited audience and would never have led Labour to victory in 100 years.

true to some extent

you can be unpopular and win elections - most prime ministers do - you just need to appeal to enough people - not a majority - all it means is that you are popular with some people

agree with the Foot comment though - he was a decent bloke, but never stood a chance

Goodbye Mrs T…

Though we all knew you too well

You never had the grace to admit

You could be wrong about it all

England’s saviour they called you

But the huge cost was to us all

You set us all on a treadmill

Made us the market’s slaves all

And it seems to me you lived your life

Blowing at the candle in the wind

Never allowing any shelter

When the rain set in

I wish I’d never known you

But I was just a child

And you seemed to live on and on

And the myth is ever wild

This can't be true, if it were she would have a lot less support than she appears to have.

If she was as revered as some on here appear to think why then is Smarmy Dave trying to 'detoxify' the Tory party?

Could it have something to do with the fact that at the last election his party missed the biggest open goal in political history, due to the fact that enough people remembered the Witches' policies to deny them a majority (without the assistance of the ever dutiful Lib Dems).

Oh yes & William Hague was the epitome of greatness, and it speaks volumes about Major when he was giving Edwina Currie one.