Minibus driving

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Sheffield that provides free or discounted minibus driving training/test fee's for people who are unemployed or have been made redundant? I have looked into it and the courses cost over £1000!!

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Sheffield that provides free or discounted minibus driving training/test fee's for people who are unemployed or have been made redundant? I have looked into it and the courses cost over £1000!!

Was that training for D1 licence entitlement training (for post January 1st '97 licence holders)?

If so, £1000 or more seems to be the going rate per entitlement.

You could try applying for a job at First or any of the the local Bus companies. As long as you have a car licence, they will put you through your test then you will get your PCV licence. You may only get a semi-auto licence at first, but you can do the manual licence at a later date, either in a bus, coach or HGV class 2. A pass in any of these vehicles would get you a full PCV licence. That would open your job prospects for the future too. Good luck with it!