Passport question ( expiry )

put passport details in for a flight to Lanzarote in 2 weeks time and noticed that one of the passports expires in June. When booking the travel agents always say 6 months need to be remaining but I'm sure this doesn't apply to the EU? I'm sure I once traveled to Spain with only a week remaining. Checked website and I think we are ok. Has anyone else experienced this?

put passport details in for a flight to Lanzarote in 2 weeks time and noticed that one of the passports expires in June. When booking the travel agents always say 6 months need to be remaining but I'm sure this doesn't apply to the EU? I'm sure I once traveled to Spain with only a week remaining. Checked website and I think we are ok. Has anyone else experienced this?

as long as passport is valid for your stay in EU then you are ok to travel as OP has said :thumbsup:

Thomson state on their booking conditions that your passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of your return to the UK. just checked brochure and it is the current copy.

i just got my passport back, it took 9 days in all. i didnt have the new photo counter signed the person at the post office asked if i wanted to risk it going without, i looked at the old passport looked at the new photo - no change apart from some wrinkles, was amazed 9 days!