What things are you old enough to remember?

I think it was around the late 70's/early 80's and a group of youngsters were rampaging in longley park for whatever reason. The sheffield star were there and ran the story the following day or so. A fella called Mick Chirms who'll be knocking 50 now was pictured running towards the camera crew snarling and waving his fist, and the headteacher of southey green middle school at the time(Mr Lupton), was interviewed by the police in an attempt to identify the culprits. That's about all I can tell you.

Thanks for that.

Mint Cracknel bars

Amazin Raisin bars and Bar 6 as well !

Top Rank on Saturday mornin , the kiosk on Pond Street , Pond Street Norah , Sexy Rexy shop , Chelsea Girl ,Tramps on King St, Sheaf Market upstairs cafe and Granellis stall downstairs

Revolution record shop on gallery in Haymarket , photo booth (4 photos for 10 pence )

Fiesta , Baileys then Romeos , Crazy Daizy and Scamps , Genevieve , Faces , Steelys

The fag and chocolate machine in Pond St

That map of Sheff on Pond St where you pressed buttons and places lit up !

Wimpy bars

Cafe in Woolworths ( many a day spent there waggin school )

Millhouses park and Lido

Mary Mungo and Midge

Woodentops

Hectors House

Double Deckers

Land Of The Giants

The Tomorrow People

Magpie

Blue Peter

Love Thy Neighbour

The likely Lads

Bless This House

The Liver Birds

Within These Walls

Dixon Of Dock Green

Randall and Hopkirk (deceased )

Z Cars

Softly Softly Task Force

Hawaii 5-0

Crossroads

£15 and under in The Star.

Bag of Chips £0.13

No 8 and 9 bus circular routes.

Free butter from butter mountains in the 80's.

It would be a little more interesting if you could put a date on these events which presumably are not documented extensively.

It'd be more than interesting, it'd be bloody amazing seeing as I'm not entirely sure how old I was at the time of these events due to being far too young to have a vivid recollection of any of them. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

It'd be more than interesting, it'd be bloody amazing seeing as I'm not entirely sure how old I was at the time of these events due to being far too young to have a vivid recollection of any of them. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

No need to apologise.It is no inconvenience to me but I did imagine the events were from the 1930s.

Mahoosive elephants foot cream buns from the bread van (nowhere does them properly anymore!)

Mobile libraries

Having to sit in the cold porch for private phone conversations, no mobiles or even cordless phones!

Saturday mornings consisting of episodes of fraggle rock, the Care Bears, family ness, Saturday tea times being the gladiators, blind date, catchphrase, crystal maze....

Whilst Sunday afternoons were little house on the prairie, the waltons, last of the summer wine and antiques roadshow whilst my grandparents either slept or served up banana sandwiches for tea.

Going into town with my nan on a Saturday afternoon, seeing the fish at the hole in the road, and the old bloke selling the star paper at the bottom of the moor outside where (or where used to be bright house). Also spending pocket money in uncle Arthur's toy shop, or the cole brothers toy shop. Going in the pet shop at the bottom of the moor to look at hamsters :)

Alpine pop (especially pineapple flavour!) and burtons fish and chip crisps.

Wyndsors shoe shop (the one in Rotherham), buying shoes for school and having to untangle all the strings to get the pair you wanted to try on!

10p mix after school and the bloke in the greengrocers picking them up with HIS BARE HANDS!! :hihi:

Milk on the doorstep in the morning, seems so convenient now I often have to send hubby on a milk run when I've forgotten the night before and have kids clamouring for cereal!

Redgates!

£15 and under in The Star.

Bag of Chips £0.13

No 8 and 9 bus circular routes.

Free butter from butter mountains in the 80's.

I remember getting chips by returning pop bottles found in the ditch.

Taking the pop bottles from the back of the offy round to the front to get the money back.Or getting them from round the back of the club.

I can remember £5 and under in the Star.

Most of it seemed to be bags of womens clothes size 20, or baby clothes, or diy magazines. Never anything worth buying.

My first special brew at ten.

getting a clip round the lug oil for getting my whitsun tide clothes mucky :mad:

No need to apologise.It is no inconvenience to me but I did imagine the events were from the 1930s.

What ever gave you that idea?