Wmc -Affiliation members

bush16

each and every club will determine it's own definition, but the general rule of thumb, is that you would be able to sign in as an affiliate and take in your wife/partner, but after that each extra guest must also produce their own club card credentials so that they also sign in as affiliates, some clubs observe the rules more stringent than others, more often than not if you were to approach the club secretary/president and ask if you could allow extra guests in due to an impromptu family gathering or such like, the chances are they may allow you in, always err on the side of caution and ask, because if you just try to chance your arm you could well find yourself barred from the club and the CIU for life.

that still all depends on the committee, some clubs will allow it and some don't as I said before, it's always better to just ask the secretary/president, it really all boils down the individual club on how they admit affiliate members and their guests, my club would only let me sign another person in if they lived outside of Sheffield, and they could prove it by producing a driving licence with their address showing that they are not local,

that still all depends on the committee, some clubs will allow it and some don't as I said before, it's always better to just ask the secretary/president, it really all boils down the individual club on how they admit affiliate members and their guests, my club would only let me sign another person in if they lived outside of Sheffield, and they could prove it by producing a driving licence with their address showing that they are not local,

I am not wanting to appear negative, but wow, isnt this an old fashioned way of life, i didnt think working mens clubs were doing very well, and that any extra custom would be appreciated to fill the premises. i could understand it if it was like it was years ago...but in this day and age.?

I am not wanting to appear negative, but wow, isnt this an old fashioned way of life, i didnt think working mens clubs were doing very well, and that any extra custom would be appreciated to fill the premises. i could understand it if it was like it was years ago...but in this day and age.?

Well yes....

obviously this thread is discussing minutia and I can understand your comment but basically...

PUB - A public house, anyone allowed in

CLUB - Is a private members club.

The two operate on different licences and legally have to recognise this.

Yes - working mens clubs are gone, but there are still social clubs, sports clubs, British Legion clubs etc which are members only and have a bar in.

It is probably worth noting though that the way clubs are run sometimes means they offer much better value for money in return for paying an annual membership fee!

I also note there are multiple threads on here discussing Wadsley Bridge Club...

Edited by Andy C

You may find that the ruling is there to keep out undesirables, that have been barred from other establishments, Not all clubs are failing, I know that my club is very, very successful and has in excess of 1 million in the bank, some of the cheapest beer's, lager's, and spirits in Sheffield if not Yorkshire, it also has a live turn on stage 5 nights a week, so why should just anyone be allowed in, when a nearby club closed down, a lot of undesirables tried to gain access but were refused, they have since gone to another club which has no end of troubles and strife, all a great cost to the club and it's members, replacing broken windows/furniture etc. So in the grand scheme of things a tough door policy works in this case

You may find that the ruling is there to keep out undesirables, that have been barred from other establishments, Not all clubs are failing, I know that my club is very, very successful and has in excess of 1 million in the bank, some of the cheapest beer's, lager's, and spirits in Sheffield if not Yorkshire, it also has a live turn on stage 5 nights a week, so why should just anyone be allowed in, when a nearby club closed down, a lot of undesirables tried to gain access but were refused, they have since gone to another club which has no end of troubles and strife, all a great cost to the club and it's members, replacing broken windows/furniture etc. So in the grand scheme of things a tough door policy works in this case

Can i ask out of interest, which club is this..?