Cold callers last night in s9

Does anyone know what charity they were from, they said diabetes but never saw a badge. Did anyone talk to them.???

We had Macmillan cancer care in S8!

Diabetes charity was maybe Diabetes UK? Only one I can think of.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We have had a couple of cold callers recently, more so than usual, coming round rather late but I never generally answer to them so couldn't tell you where they were from.

And if you dont see a badge, why are you not phoning the police? In fact, if you think its suspicious, why are you not phoning. They will have a better idea as to whether the caller is genuine or not. Imagine how awful you will feel if you hear that a cold caller ended up burgling someones house and knowing that you could have prevented it.

Don't think it was suspicious at all, yes they should have shown me there badge and could see they was wearing one but it wasnt enough for me to go calling the police. Maybe I should have worded my post better, i was interested in the charity but forgot which one they said.

We had Oxfam yesterday

I`m near Handsworth we had Diabetes uk knock on door pretty late the other night he was quite nice & polite he was carrying an Ipad wanted to put my details into it, I kindly refused to give any. He said thankyou for your time and left. week before that had somebody saying they were a charity that had something to do with Oxfam, So both are in the area at the min.

You may find that the callers are from a private company that collects on behalf of national charities. They take a commission for every sign-up that they get.

Had Shelter coming round in S8 earlier, the guy just went off in a huff when i said I wasn't interested.

I`m near Handsworth we had Diabetes uk knock on door pretty late the other night he was quite nice & polite he was carrying an Ipad wanted to put my details into it, I kindly refused to give any. He said thankyou for your time and left. week before that had somebody saying they were a charity that had something to do with Oxfam, So both are in the area at the min.

someone has let the chuggers escape from the city centre......

---------- Post added 09-03-2013 at 09:01 ----------

Had Shelter coming round in S8 earlier, the guy just went off in a huff when i said I wasn't interested.

you should have said, "how convenient, the house is being repossessed next week"

I live in a no cold calling zone but I still get them at the door.