Leppings Lane Closed Now 5/3/13 - WW2 UXB found

Just a heads up to anyone going that way. Leppings Lane is closed at the top end by the Bridge at Grahams Tyres , looks like someone has jumped off the bridge according to the police . If you are coming up leppings lane from Law Bros you are having to turn left down Vere Rd back onto Penistone Rd. I live down there and its chaos, so will get even worse as rush hr builds up.

Try and avoid if you can.

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 16:12 ----------

The police have now closed the bottom of Leppings Lane at Law Bros ,so you cant get up it at all.

Hallam FM News ‏@hallamfmnews

Leppings Lane in Hillsborough closed after council workers find what's thought to be an unexploded bomb in the River Don - close to #SWFC

So that's good news then...

... at least no-one jumped off a bridge! :roll:

The police told my neighbour they thought someone had jumped . If the coppers aint got a clue , what hope is there. :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 16:46 ----------

Daughter lives off leppings lane and police have told her there's an unexploded bomb from ww2. They won't let her near her house

Im at home on Leppings lane ,and the bomb squad is there now. As long as they dont want to evacuate us while im having my tea i dont care.

Nice to know your at home having your tea while i'm still sat here waiting for you to turn up an do the job you where supposed to be doing, you could have at least let me know.

The police told my neighbour they thought someone had jumped . If the coppers aint got a clue , what hope is there. :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 16:46 ----------

Im at home on Leppings lane ,and the bomb squad is there now. As long as they dont want to evacuate us while im having my tea i dont care.

I don't for one minute believe that the police told anyone this story.

Archived