Can anyone help me with a wedding dress

hi i am getting married in the summer . we dont have much money so buying a dress is not possible i have been looking on ebay ect to by a second hand dress but cant find anything i like

i want to look like a princess for the day

is there anyone who still has there dress that would consider hiring it out i would pay to rent the dress out and pay to have it dry cleaned after

i am a size 14 open to ideas

the dress bigger the better :hihi:

many thanks

hi i am getting married in the summer . we dont have much money so buying a dress is not possible i have been looking on ebay ect to by a second hand dress but cant find anything i like

is there anyone who still has there dress that would consider hiring it out i would pay to rent the dress out and pay to have it dry cleaned after

many thanks

oh bless you, i hope you find something suitable and someone here has the means to help you......im sure you,ll look like a princess no matter what

congratulations

Keep looking at eBay honestly - they don't normally fetch very much. The higher priced ones tend not to sell and auctions starting at over 50 quid most of the time don't even get a bid.

I had (well still have) a Trudy Lee 57911 dress, proper princess style one, with a hooped underskirt it went huge, and has a good few feet of train too. I got it from eBay, a shop sample for £80. I had set my heart on THAT ONE when I saw it in a shop for £999. It was a size 14 but, as I am a 14 it did need a lot of alteration (not sure if you know they tend to be VERY small on the waist with a large bust and you generally buy a size or 2 bigger and have altered). Its had the bust taken in, waist taken out and a corset back added, and that only cost me £20 extra to get done.

I would lend it you but it needs dry cleaning FIRST as I havent had it done yet :hihi:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 18:20 ----------

I also had a bustle hook fitted to it to stop the train from dragging on the floor, you just locate the hook in the ruffles of the skirt, lift it up and hook into the other bit at the bottom of the corset part... magic

How tall are you as well? I'm 5' 4, any taller and my dress would likely be too short, thats a tricky bit you might come across with borrowing one!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by Leah-Lacie

• 2 weeks later...

many thanks

Hi there, I would happily give my dress away for a small fee and you can keep it if you like. Only, I am really tall, 5'11", so the dress is really long.

Its a strapless A line dress, ivory with a red trim, embellished with crystals, will fit size 12-14, bust up to 38 E or maybe a tad bigger.

PM me if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...

did you get sorted? if not pm me i might be able to help you out.i make them.ive got a dress that might fit that im selling.i can sew beads on it or do other things to it if it fits you i will arange a price i dont want a lot for it

Edited by maggyirene