'Burglary in your street' card

Got one of these lovely, reassuring cards through my letterbox yesterday. Are they just scaremongering and treating my street as a 10 mile radius, or has one actually happened in my street? I say that because I haven't seen any Police on our street for quite a while, except for last week when they were at commercial premises a fair way from our street, and it makes me a little uncomfortable at the thought of some scallywags traipsing through my garden.

Got one of these lovely, reassuring cards through my letterbox yesterday. Are they just scaremongering and treating my street as a 10 mile radius, or has one actually happened in my street? I say that because I haven't seen any Police on our street for quite a while, except for last week when they were at commercial premises a fair way from our street, and it makes me a little uncomfortable at the thought of some scallywags traipsing through my garden.

McDonalds perchance?

McDonalds perchance?

No, no, a medical centre. Didn't see any damage to it, but there was a police van and a couple of Police cars outside, so made the very vague assumption that someone had done a not very good job at getting at the paracetamol in the pharmacy. It's not on our street though.

It normally means there has been a break-in on your Street, we have had break-ins on our Road and we have had cards put through our doors

Such a sad thing to have pop through your door at point in time but i wouldnt take it as scare mongering but pf you been made aware of what is going on around your home times have changed again and not for the better im affraid but this is the sorry state we are all forced to be aware of eyes and ears open people and dont leave your doors or windows unlocked even when you are home unless you are in that room and please dont leave your keys in the doors or on sight

Hiya , I'm not sure which area you live in but S8 and S2 are being targeted by the robbing scrotes at the moment, we got done a couple of weeks ago , and I know of a fair few others in these areas who have also been either robbed or attempted break in's.The police are trying to warn people , it's not a nice situation :(

What's the problem ? Surely better to be safe than sorry, or would you rather not know ? :huh:

Is it a genuine police card asking for information tho?

Reason I ask is a friend of mine used to sell burglar alarms, he'd check out the local paper to see if any burglaries had been reported on, then head to that area with leaflets informing people of burglars operating in the area and saying to be vigilant.

A week later he'd go door to door and people would be falling over themselves to buy his gear.