Parking in Paradise Square

BUMP

Passed through last week and noticed they have now got VCS in to enforce the Square, with all the relevant signing.

I still took the opportunity to park there on Saturday afternoon for the best part of 3 hours to partake of some CityCentre shopping, though :D

Paradise Square should be cleared of cars.

With all day parking starting at as little as £2, how can it seem worth the hassle and expense to park elsewhere?

Must either be really lazy, or have turned a mundane issue into an obsession.

back to reality

and back to giving a person a job . 1 £200 shed from bAnQ 1 solar panel for light 1 high vis jacket an a bit of common sense and im sure at a £1 half hour for visitors over a year the wages and insurances and outlay would be returned .and paradise sq would not have to be spoiled with any signage . infact the law firms could chip in £25 a piece a week they wouldn't miss it and all would be good with the world .repeat across the city loads of jobs . give me that employment secretary's job il get em back to work. ha ha

back to reality

and back to giving a person a job . 1 £200 shed from bAnQ 1 solar panel for light 1 high vis jacket an a bit of common sense and im sure at a £1 half hour for visitors over a year the wages and insurances and outlay would be returned .and paradise sq would not have to be spoiled with any signage . infact the law firms could chip in £25 a piece a week they wouldn't miss it and all would be good with the world .repeat across the city loads of jobs . give me that employment secretary's job il get em back to work. ha ha

Ha, nice try, you would still need signage saying there is parking enforcement. And a couple of A4 signs "spoil" Paradise Square, yet a cheap shed from B&Q wouldnt?? :hihi::hihi:

Edited by No User Name

put it all on the shed .

iv stood in the middle of the sq at midnite some years ago it was empty of cars . you could just imagine the horse and traps ,street sellers an the like many decades ago . O an I was soba too . like York I can just stand and imagine what went off all those years ago its a nice feeling

give the first window on the corner building then if you don't like a shed .

No, go call the police because that is now illegal.

But if you get blocked in in a parking area by several cars how would you know which of the cars actually blocked you in? Indeed in places like Paradise Square where parking is at a premium many of the cars do get deliberately blocked in because there owners will know who they need to ask if they need to move on.

I said the same thing back at the time in 2013:

Depends where you were parked on there. There are some inner parking bays and some outer ones. No doubt the legitimate owners and users of the bays know which one belongs to which company.

I said the same thing back at the time in 2013:

I once parked on some private land only to return to find a paper sticker stuck to my windscreen reminding me that this wasn't the place to park. However the sticker was paper and came apart as I tried to remove it. It was about 10 minutes before I was able to drive off and required a can of de-icer and 10 minutes with a jet was before I finally got rid of the glue.

Undoubtably I could have taken legal action if I had known who exactly glued the paper to my windscreen, but I'm not sure that it would have been worth the time in court or whether I would have received much sympathy if I had.