Sledges & Shovels - Where to buy..

Middletons DIY - Barber Road, Walkley

RW Boler - One way system at the bottom of Stannington Road;

100 plastic sledges in stock, plus unique fluorescent sledge

Richardsons DIY - Firth Park Road, Firth Park

100's plastic sledges in stock, 100 more delivered tomorrow

Abbeydale DIY - Abbeydale Road

100's plastic sledges in stock, including 100's Pink colour

ED Steel - Dronfield (Bottom of Green Lane)

Crookes Hardware - Crookes

When we were kids we didnt buy sledges, we used fly down the hill on a big plastic sheet with half a dozen of us on it.

You dont see this now a days .

haha I remember doing this. in fact it was only yesterday I asked my nan if she still had any of the plastic sheeting like we used to use. that was so much better than a sledge you flew down the hill!!!

When we were kids we didnt buy sledges, we used fly down the hill on a big plastic sheet with half a dozen of us on it.

You dont see this now a days .

haha I remember doing this. in fact it was only yesterday I asked my nan if she still had any of the plastic sheeting like we used to use. that was so much better than a sledge you flew down the hill!!!

Yeah, we used to use fertiliser bags - similar to the bags that you get sand in from a builder's merchants - only bigger.

If you do use a plastic sheet though, just make sure that your feet can reach the snow - just thinking of that poor girl who was killed when she was using a car bonnet as a sledge.