S12 Burglaries Beware!

BEDROCK

Apparently over recent weeks there has been a serious spree of burglaries in and around Hackenthorpe, people have been broken into left and right, there is apparently a woman knocking on doors then these properties are getting done in and there is also meant to be a white van involved so just to inform you, beware and keep your eyes and ears open while keeping things locked.

Here is a Facebook group set up for it:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/333468066768834/335875999861374/?notif_t=group_activity

For the police to employ Mounted Police and coppers on the beat in the area, (which I have seen personally) suggests its more than just a couple of incidents. TBH I'm glad there's been this ott coverage cos it shows its unusual here and people give a toss and wont accept it.

yorkiepudd.. There have been 40+ incidents mentioned since Christmas. The police have been out in marked/unmarked cars, on foot in uniform/plain clothes, horseback, bikes and pushbikes. They have had officers issuing smart water in Frecheville. Yet you say its nothing like the scale being suggested.. What planet are you on sorry??

The mounted police were here for one night in the new year. I also saw them living in the heart of the S12 area.

And yes, its good that it's been brought to everyone's attention and made them think about there own security, but reading some of the things said anyone would think there's another 10 every night and that is not happening.

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 22:29 ----------

yorkiepudd.. There have been 40+ incidents mentioned since Christmas. The police have been out in marked/unmarked cars, on foot in uniform/plain clothes, horseback, bikes and pushbikes. They have had officers issuing smart water in Frecheville. Yet you say its nothing like the scale being suggested.. What planet are you on sorry??

And there's a great number of those that are unsubstantiated chit chat. The planet I live on, its called reality.

There has been posts on here in connection with this that have been scaremongering and you get the impression its by trolls wanting a reaction, ie the dog being killed. A lot of people don't know where Frecheville is from my experience.

I've always found it a good place to live, pretty quiet and people give a toss about the area. Its been a spate of break ins and no doubt it'll move on to some other area or hopefully they'll be caught. No one wants the place they live in to be known as a crime hotstop but are using the forum to give people a heads up.

The mounted police were here for one night in the new year. I also saw them living in the heart of the S12 area.

And yes, its good that it's been brought to everyone's attention and made them think about there own security, but reading some of the things said anyone would think there's another 10 every night and that is not happening.

---------- Post added 12-01-2013 at 22:29 ----------

And there's a great number of those that are unsubstantiated chit chat. The planet I live on, its called reality.

The planet you live on is actually called earth :)

And on that planet people have a right to discuss what they like

There has been posts on here in connection with this that have been scaremongering and you get the impression its by trolls wanting a reaction, ie the dog being killed. A lot of people don't know where Frecheville is from my experience.

I've always found it a good place to live, pretty quiet and people give a toss about the area. Its been a spate of break ins and no doubt it'll move on to some other area or hopefully they'll be caught. No one wants the place they live in to be known as a crime hotstop but are using the forum to give people a heads up.

i know frechville qiute well and i don't think bad of the place,infact quite the opposite,i find it refreshing to see an area where the residents are willing and ready to look after their neighbourhood and say enough is enough.i take my hat off to them,well done and good luck