People picking tab ends up in the street.

I parked my car across from a "Job Centre" today and went to do some shopping in the market. The road that the JC is on is pedestrianised so that people can freely walk around without any danger to themselves.

I returned to my car with my shopping , and was about to set off when I saw a rather wretched looking couple, who could not have been any more than twenty years old screening the area for fag ends. The girl found one which was only half smoked and looked gleefully at her partner as if she had struck gold.

At which point in our history did things go so terribly wrong that our country has come to this?:(

I parked my car across from a "Job Centre" today and went to do some shopping in the market. The road that the JC is on is pedestrianised so that people can freely walk around without any danger to themselves.

I returned to my car with my shopping , and was about to set off when I saw a rather wretched looking couple, who could not have been any more than twenty years old screening the area for fag ends. The girl found one which was only half smoked and looked gleefully at her partner as if she had struck gold.

At which point in our history did things go so terribly wrong that our country has come to this?:(

In the 1965 song " king of the road " old stoggies i have found is part of the lyrics, tab end picking up has gone on for years.

You could at least warn us that you're casting a line and hook first..:rolleyes:

Hmmmm.....so what happened then?

Manufacturing output down 7% by end 2008.

It was the deepest recession since the war. It has affected many sectors including banks and investment firms, and seen many well known and established businesses fold. Britain has notably struggled to come out of the latest recession, with much speculation of a 'double dip' recession during the 2010s. Output fell 0.5% in 2010. The unemployment rate rose to 8.1% (2.57m people) in August 2011, the highest level since 1994. As of January 2012, after 15 quarters, GDP is still 4% down from peak at start of recession.

erm anything else you need to know....:P:P:P

Why did you park your car on a road that's pedestrianised?

Manufacturing output down 7% by end 2008.

It was the deepest recession since the war. It has affected many sectors including banks and investment firms, and seen many well known and established businesses fold. Britain has notably struggled to come out of the latest recession, with much speculation of a 'double dip' recession during the 2010s. Output fell 0.5% in 2010. The unemployment rate rose to 8.1% (2.57m people) in August 2011, the highest level since 1994. As of January 2012, after 15 quarters, GDP is still 4% down from peak at start of recession.

erm anything else you need to know....:P:P:P

Hmmmm.... I guess not.:)

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 21:06 ----------

In the 1965 song " king of the road " old stoggies i have found is part of the lyrics, tab end picking up has gone on for years.

Not in Dore it hasn't!:(

---------- Post added 04-01-2013 at 21:08 ----------

Why did you park your car on a road that's pedestrianised?

I didn't.:P

People have picked up "dog ends" for years, its not new to today's society.