Burglaries In Frecheville Last Night

Hopefully the area is now all quiet and safe.....Isn't it ?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No :( and I'm now paranoid about every dodgy looking person that walks past :hihi:

I began reading this thread, assuming that it would be of use to find out if the burglars had been caught, if not, if there was any useful info to help protect our properties. Instead it has deteriated into a personal slanging match that helps no-one at all! As far as I can see, the police are doing their best with an increased presence in the area, and quick responses to call outs. It would be helpful to concerned Frecheville SF members if this thread remained positive & to the point please. Everyone has their own opinions, but this is not necessarily the right place to air them so aggressively.

You hoped a thread involving criminals would be informative and not turn into a slanging match?! I love your optimism! :)

A friend of mines dog was going potty barking,so she looked out side and there were 2 lads walking past, hard to tell how old, possibly 14-19 ish with dark clothing on, inc hoodies with the hoods up. she rang me saying she darent ring the police in case they were just walking by. That was at 9.25pm last night.

A friend of mines dog was going potty barking,so she looked out side and there were 2 lads walking past, hard to tell how old, possibly 14-19 ish with dark clothing on, inc hoodies with the hoods up. she rang me saying she darent ring the police in case they were just walking by. That was at 9.25pm last night.

Aww :(

I just saw 3 lads around that age who looked a bit dodgy, one decided to stare at me so I just glared back and he looked away. Not sure if he was just an idiot or actually dodgy. I'm not sure whether because we know what's going off, we've all just gone a bit too paranoid.

I know car keys have been stolen in the burglaries but has anyone heard of them targeting motorbikes also?

---------- Post added 10-01-2013 at 13:14 ----------

I began reading this thread, assuming that it would be of use to find out if the burglars had been caught, if not, if there was any useful info to help protect our properties. Instead it has deteriated into a personal slanging match that helps no-one at all! As far as I can see, the police are doing their best with an increased presence in the area, and quick responses to call outs. It would be helpful to concerned Frecheville SF members if this thread remained positive & to the point please. Everyone has their own opinions, but this is not necessarily the right place to air them so aggressively.

Agreed .

I live in in Frecheville and am hearing /reading all sorts of stuff about pets throats being cut , house being broken in to every day ,white vans doin drive bys it;s pretty scary TBH but wonder if there is a lot of scare mongering going on and people adding bit's on to stories , like natalie im getting paranoid about every one that passes , i also wonder if the kids on the street will play up to this , most of them wear hoodies and most of them are decent kids but may be amused to freak people out just for the fun of it , Im not making light of this as an old couple were broken in to on my road before christmas , they didnt take anything but threw paint over furniture and smeared human excrement on the poor old coupls bedding , by the sounds of it there must be a gang of about 50 going round breaking in for the amount of houses they are doing and ther area they are managing to cover without being caught ... !!!!

Are there any forum members that are Police officers that could comment on these stories and put peoples minds at rest??

I've heard about pets throats been slit too :( best not be true.

I've heard about pets throats been slit too :( best not be true.

IF that is true then I hope the 'mob' get hold of them without going to the police and do similar to them

Probably total gonads though

IF that is true then I hope the 'mob' get hold of them without going to the police and do similar to them

Probably total gonads though

you hope the mob get hold of who? some innocent kid? you can`t have it both ways.

I have been looking on Jason Booths twitter.. and he put this earlier, which is one of many reasons local people shouldn't be doing what some are.

Jason Booth ‏@KCInspector

It turns out these were some local people on"on patrol" and created suspicious incident calls taking up our time trying to catch the thieves

Also, the people I keep thinking are dodgy, could be the people who are on 'patrol' :huh:

Also..

Jason Booth ‏@KCInspector

NO burglaries again in frecheville the last 24hrs.#sheffield