Power Surge - Intake - 3:45am & 4:30am 25/12/12

lewisty

Yes it was alarm bells not jingle bells on Christmas Day, it was a weird one as after the second cut my alarm key pads had no power when everything else came back on so I couldn't switch the alarms off (sorry neighbours) a quick switch of the power off and back on at the main fuse box sorted it out.

No I rang the police cause burglar alarm was going off and I was hoping no one was getting burgled.... Cheers for the sarcasm tho!!

oh, that wasn`t sarcasm.

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 10:39 ----------

Yes it was alarm bells not jingle bells on Christmas Day, it was a weird one as after the second cut my alarm key pads had no power when everything else came back on so I couldn't switch the alarms off (sorry neighbours) a quick switch of the power off and back on at the main fuse box sorted it out.

your back up battery needs replacing - the system is trying to reload all the settings and charge a dead battery at the same time, something has to give.

The fact that the alarm goes off in the first place during a power cut suggests your back up battery has failed also confirmed by a dead keypad. The bell box has its own battery which sounds the alarm when all power is cut to it (mains and battery from panel). This is what was triggering all the alarms, not the alarm panel. If your alarm went off during the cut, get your battery checked and replaced if necessary.

Archived