2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Will they all stop at Hanky Panky?

My very favourite shop name in all of Sheffield:)

I think if all goes well Wiggo will be better served crossing the finishing line with his trademark sideburns rather than a gimp mask and a pair of nipple clamps. But I'm not a marketing expert so who knows?

Guest sibon
I think if all goes well Wiggo will be better served crossing the finishing line with his trademark sideburns rather than a gimp mask and a pair of nipple clamps. But I'm not a marketing expert so who knows?

That Lycra can be so unforgiving.

Have to say I'm really gutted with the route through Sheffield, a real opportunity to show off some of the best of the city but instead it's going to loop around some estates & finish in an area of industrial dereliction.

Guest sibon
Have to say I'm really gutted with the route through Sheffield, a real opportunity to show off some of the best of the city but instead it's going to loop around some estates & finish in an area of industrial dereliction.

You are absolutely correct. Whoever thought of routing the race through Bradfield, Oughtibridge and Grenoside.

Horrible places:rolleyes:

You are absolutely correct. Whoever thought of routing the race through Bradfield, Oughtibridge and Grenoside.

Horrible places:rolleyes:

No they are lovely but then could've either gone up through Walkley, Crookes & Broomhill, down Ecclesall Road & Ecclesall Woods & back up Abbeydale Rd or Chesterfield Rd & finish on Arundel Gate or outside the station.

I watch the Tour every year & stages always finish in the hearts of beautiful cities, not grim dual carriageways in industrial areas.

---------- Post added 18-01-2013 at 00:29 ----------

Or else along the Riverlin Valley then past Ladybower & back into the city through Hathersage & Eccy Rd, or if they couldn't go through Derbyshire then from the Riverlin Valley up to Fulwood & Rustlings Rd & then Eccy Rd into town.

so where is the start and finish with the le tour usually not many city centre locations have it due to the scale

IMO the DVS area is the best place to finish. There is plenty of space for crowds and all the bits and pieces that come with the TdF, which are enormous. Also the helicopter view will pick up impressive (from the air) structures such as the stadium, Meadowhall etc. Also, as long as they have the finish on Attercliffe Common, and don't try and finish in the stadium, then it will be a mass sprint finish.

Brilliant....We can all play spot the drug cheat. :hihi:

Is it coming over Jaw Bone Hill from Oughtibridge to Grenoside? The map is not the best to read.

Regards

Doom

I haven't been paying attention to this story but have just heard on Toby Foster's show that they are presumably passing through Wincobank and Jenkin Road. I foresee a lot of crashes due to massive potholes and speedbumps

If they go through the rougher areas there is more chance of some funding-in fact they may even receive funds to clear up such areas.People in Walkley dont want the tour blocking the roads-it is best avoided thanks.

It is just like the torch. Just a lot faster.

Why, whom, decided to do this? We are talking about leaving EU and now this, everything is upside down.

Edited by dutch

The build up to the racers arriving is fantastic "Le caravane". well worth going to see it if you can.

I watched the tour in Brittany a couple of years ago.

Before the race you must all practice your Gallic shrug

You can set up stalls along the way to sell snails in garlic sauce. Of course along the route of the tour you must drive on the right. A half litre of beer is "un demi"

To the large lady blocking your view a useful phrase "hey bouge ton cul chéri" ;-)

I do miss Warburtons bread though!!!!