Lack of 10th birthday coverage in Sheffield Star or Telegraph

Why would you have to 'mod' a 'mod'?...You all know that I'm completely fair...Even if I ban someone, they get a polite message explaining why...I'm always polite...and where someone has made (what I consider) a genuine 'mistake' I explain how to do it properly...That's my view oh how it should be done....I'm nothing special...Just the same as everyone else...I have my passions, and likes and dislikes, just the same as everyone!...As some of you will know, having crossed swords with me.

Oih celebrity mod... I'm trying to get this back on topic :P

(Can I tell him off even though he's now a celebrity?)

@ Peter Morris. I listened to you on the radio on wednesday; would I be right in saying that you're a brummie?

Eeerm...you were asked....Well not you specifically...but Geoff posted a general thing with a phone number where anyone could have rung in, and even appeared live...if that is what you wanted...Or didn't you see it?...or maybe didn't have the balls?

Maybe people were working or had other prioritys !! balls !! are you for real ??

As for Geoff have enjoyed his posts, lets hope this is a new era and a more high profile leader, posting on other topics in addition to self promotion.

I don't think that would be very professional Geoff, but I'm willing to do it for you if you like? :)

@ Peter Morris. I listened to you on the radio on wednesday; would I be right in saying that you're a brummie?

I think questions to Pete have to go to his talent agent now, alternatively the PM system is a shortcut ;)

Hey I've got a question Geoff

..and I've got a forum called: Forum News & Feedback ;)

But to answer your question, we do already break down the roles on the team page, but you're right in the fact we're missing one for the Forum Helpers. If you can post this in the feedback forum we can then add it to do list, thanks.

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 17:43 ----------

As for Geoff have enjoyed his posts, lets hope this is a new era and a more high profile leader, posting on other topics in addition to self promotion.

Thanks, but I'm sorry to disappoint that I'm never likely to become a high profile leader. Being the opposite for the last ~8 years has served both my sanity and the forum's success well and I don't want to fix something that ain't broke! :cool:

Edited by Geoff

Originally yup...but I've been around a bit!

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 18:16 ----------

If you do, I'll have it plastered all over the Star!...hahahaha

(is that back on topic?...oh the irony) :)

Edited by PeteMorris

:hihi:

That's worth acknowledging! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 17:35 ----------

Ooooo... :huh:

I wonder if Mrs Bloke would buy me a server for Christmas? ;)

I can offer you a bit of spare space on my server if required?;)

Back on topic, I too thought The Star would have gave SF a mention. It is a local news event after all.

Local mans peace and quiet disturbed

Sheffield resident Geoff invested in a small area of Sheffields interwebs as a place where he could relax after a hard days work with a word puzzle 10 years ago. However since then local ruffians have made his life hell, filling his part of the local webnet with talk of everything from chinese lantern based aliens to quality cheapest bucket rants in the early hours. "I've asked the council about it but they say there nothing they can do", said a distraught Geoff yesterday. Our Action Desk contacted the Electricity Board demanding answers as the interforums are made of electric but they shocking claimed to have not existed for several decades. Asked of what he felt Geoff said, "I'd always though it would be a lovely place to get away from it all, like a shed, but warmer in winter. I never thought this could happen." How many more people like Geoff will find their hard won e-nets filled with interpuke from cyber yobbos? Due to broadcasting restrictions we can't show you an actual picture of Geoff looking sad and pointing at the forum, but please do imagine it. It's important you do. See The Star Says for our campaign to say clearly, down with this sort of thing.

^^^ That's actually the exact press release Geoff sent to the Star. And we still don't understand why they haven't printed it :huh:

I read post #92 and now I'm traumatised. Wonder whether that's worth another front-page 'Star' lead.

Getting this thread back on topic...

Has anyone got this week's Sheffield Telegraph to hand? Or a Star for that matter?

Are we in it? I'll probably fall of my chair if anyone says 'yes' (and is actually telling the truth).

I havent yet seen tonights Star and will buy The Sheffield Telegraph tommorrow, but I know if SF is in either of them, it will be the icing on the cake for Geoff.:thumbsup:

Well, Sheffield Newspapers will have at least one customer/reader then. But that's not really enough to keep it in business...