Can we trust William Hague/ US intelligence?

With the build up for UK involvement in the near future invasion of Syria, in the media recently we've been hearing things like-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/08/syria-william-hague-chemical-weapons

"William Hague has said he has seen "some evidence" that Bashar al-Assad's regime is preparing to use chemical weapons against Syrian rebels.

The foreign secretary would not give specific details of the intelligence, also seen by the US, but said it was enough to renew warnings to Assad that his regime would face action if they were deployed."

Hmmmmmmm sounds familiar.

Not many will be aware of this scandal mr Hague was mixed up in recently

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=634_1316969299

"it has been disclosed that the UK Government's Foreign Secretary William Hague together with Lord Douglas Hurd who was Foreign Secretary in Sir John Major's Government are believed to have deliberately concealed a shocking litany of compelling criminal evidential Carroll Trust banking and financial files which effectively impulsed this massive ongoing trans-national crime syndicate operation."

Edited by vResistance

If it doesn't involve our troops risking their lives, then they should have predator-drone-striked the living hell out of every damn regime and nasty little dictatorship on the planet.

it's never too late to start.

Sounds like you believe the hype.

What about our own nasty dictatorship/regime.

I bet the Syrian people would prefer things the way they were before. We have no right to get involved in that battle.

<...>

The foreign secretary would not give specific details of the intelligence, also seen by the US <...>

You do realise that revealing certain intelligence can clearly expose the humint source for it, right?

And therefore, besides endangering the source, also interrupt the intelligence stream?

I thought that would have been common sense, never mind seeing yet another conspiracy theory in it :rolleyes:

Sounds like you believe the hype.

What about our own nasty dictatorship/regime.

I bet the Syrian people would prefer things the way they were before. We have no right to get involved in that battle.

No, I'd quite happily predator drone our own corporate dictatorship too.

Personally I think the whole "It's not our problem" is a cop out. What, we should have left the Jewish people to fight Hitler on their own because they should sort it out themselves, and we were too busy playing with our [insert 1940s equivalent of i-pads here] ?

US Intelligence - You couldn't get a more perfect example of an oxymoron.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 11:43 ----------

Personally I think the whole "It's not our problem" is a cop out. What, we should have left the Jewish people to fight Hitler on their own because they should sort it out themselves, and we were too busy playing with our [insert 1940s equivalent of i-pads here] ?

Hitler wiping out the Jews and invading other countries is completely different.

The uprising in Syria is a akin to a civil war, ie within the borders of Syria.

Let them get on with it and wipe each other out.

There's only ONE reason the US wants to be involved and it's not for the well being of the Syrian people.

There's only ONE reason the US wants to be involved and it's not for the well being of the Syrian people.
There's a few more reasons you might have passed: Syria has a sizeable border with Turkey, the US needs to keep Incirlik open for business for operations in Afghanistan and other -stans...and poss probably -ran as well ;)

oh, yeah: and Turkey is a NATO member state.

Causes and effects, rapidly gets complicated, even in the 'simplified' world of realpolitik.

Edited by L00b

Let them get on with it and wipe each other out.

Ah the humanity.

Better to pick to side we think is most closely allied to our own values, then blow the living hell out of the rest. And if the side we backed start misbehaving, we make it clear we'll blow the hell out of them too.

With (god bless 'em) predator drones we don't even have to put our own people in harm's way.

If we want a decent world, it's time we made it clear to the indecent part their time is up.