In Sheffield for one night

And in the dove and rainbow...

to be fair, i dont think there a pub in town mr cocker hasnt graced his presence in

I would also suggest Rutland Arms (http://www.rutlandarmspeople.co.uk) although of course those on West Street/Division Street are much handier for the tram to the arena...pretty much any pub/bar on Division Street is OK.

Also not to forget Shakespeares Ale & Cider House at West Bar (http://www.shakespeares-sheffield.co.uk), simply roll down the hill from Cathedral tram stop!

If the original poster is french - it might be worth checking out West St purely for the cultural insight into a British saturday night - its not a pretty sight!

The pubs/bars around Division St are likely to be a lot suited to someone who is into Pulp (massive generalisation I know) and, as people have said, Pulp drank in the Washington before they made it big and it was part owned by the drummer (which is why it survived as a pub and didnt get turned into a bar/flats) - so well worth a visit. The Rutland and the Showroom bar near the station are good, and for a more traditional pub near the centre, the Bath or Red Deer are worth a visit. If you want to sample some Uk ales - then the pubs round Kelham island are good - with the Shakespeare & Riverside having a younger crowd.

Hope you have a good night

:)

to be fair, i dont think there a pub in town mr cocker hasnt graced his presence in

I've seen him lurking about in a Sheff pub in the past... twice in fact...

Wouldn't hold my breath to see him in there now though!

Fagan's! Would recommend eating at El Torro in Broomhill too if you don't mind a short treck out of town...

Fagan's! Would recommend eating at El Torro in Broomhill too if you don't mind a short treck out of town...

Totally with the latter recommendation :)

as for the former... least said about that the better, if you ask me! :gag:

Edited by K G Bird

'The Brown Bear', Surrey St, the best (proper) city centre pub by a 'tater field!

There are plenty of bars on Ecclesall Road and you can also pop round the back into Sharrow for the Lesacar and porter cottage.

There are plenty of bars on Ecclesall Road and you can also pop round the back into Sharrow for the Lesacar and porter cottage.

The OP was asking where to go last night! :roll:

The OP was asking where to go last night! :roll:

Ohhh life is tough in your 30's

Tell me somewhere good then. :D

Bit late for the original post but the pubs on the real ale run around Kelham Island are Sheffield's hidden gems.