Flu Jab - thinking about having it ?

Guest sibon
I paid £8 for one at Tesco. I didn't realise it only lasted a year though. :(

Was it a Tesco value one?

They only last for 25 minutes:)

If you want the protection, then you need one.

Regardless of your personal issues and point of view, the vaccine demonstrably saves tens of thousands of lives in the UK every year.

You really should try to stop spreading your scare stories. You've palpably failed to produce any evidence that vaccines harm people. Please stop trying to scare people into rejecting medical care that could well save their life.

I'm not really anti vaccines, some of them might have genuine benefits, though some would argue that resistance to disease is no greater than you'd expect from natural immunity. I'm more pro safer vaccines and don't think it right dangers be ignored or suppressed.

It can make choosing very difficult, but life is full of difficult choices.

Wouldn't you prefer a vaccine that doesn't contain potentially harmful chemicals?

Edited by vResistance

I paid £8 for one at Tesco. I didn't realise it only lasted a year though. :(

You will have the protection against the particular strain of 'flu you've been vaccinated against for ever...it's just that usually each 'flu season brings along a different strain of the virus..

Vaccines have been linked to a whole host of diseases,so why take the risk?

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/new-survey-shows-unvaccinated-children-vastly-healthier-far-lower-rates-of-chronic-conditions-and-autism/

It has been reported widely that in India and South Korea autism in kids is up around three percent or 1 in 30 kids,linked by many to the MMR vaccine.

Have you come up with answer re the increase in measles after fewer people had their kids vaccinated yet?..just interested in why you think this might have been..

I'm not really anti vaccines, some of them might have genuine benefits, though some would argue that resistance to disease is no greater than you'd expect from natural immunity. I'm more pro safer vaccines and don't think it right dangers be ignored or suppressed.

It can make choosing very difficult, but life is full of difficult choices.

Wouldn't you prefer a vaccine that doesn't contain potentially harmful chemicals?

So how do you get natural immunity to polio then? Or diphtheria? Or tetanus?

Has anyone been really ill after the vaccine this year. I had it a month ago and have been really ill and my voice was husky and then has been lost for a month. A friend told me that they were advised at their G P that it was a different strain this year.

Has anyone been really ill after the vaccine this year. I had it a month ago and have been really ill and my voice was husky and then has been lost for a month. A friend told me that they were advised at their G P that it was a different strain this year.

The flu vaccine isn't a live vaccine, also it doesn't cover you against all viruses so it is probably coincidental that you've picked something up around the same time that you had your vaccine.

Yes,its probably a coincidence. The vaccine is changed every year. A WHO committee assess which strains of flu are the most viralent & the vaccine is made up with them.

Had no problems this year,never had any problems TBH.

I've been having the flu vaccine every year for about 15 years. My arm feels slightly tender at the injection site for a few hours afterwards. For the next couple of days the injection site feels a bit itchy. I have NEVER felt ill following the injection.

Edited by kaleidoscope

Edit...doesnt make sense now threads merged

Edited by nikki-red

I have had the jab because I am pregnant and had no probs just a sore arm for a day or so.