Cyclist inches from being hit - driver oblivious

NewBiz

Some car drivers just don't see cyclists at all.

In 1985 my father was killed on the road....knocked off his pushbike and run over by a vehicle whose driver claims he didn't see him. Could this have been my father's fault....not in this case. The driver of the vehicle had killed a cyclist before....and went on to kill another cyclist after my father.

There are no prizes for vehicle drivers for a hat trick. :(

That's terrible, Julado :( You must feel so angry that this driver has effectively been allowed to repeatedly kill people by his actions.

Thats irrelivant. If car drivers werent forced to pay road tax, insurance and what have you, they wouldnt. I certainly wouldnt.

Cyclist are not made to pay to use the roads.

One day they will be but not for a long while yet.

Why pay tax when they inflict minimal damage and cause no pollution?

Because they take up space on our roads and it would be fairer to everyone?

But for many people, if they weren't cycling they would be likely to be driving, thus still taking up (even more) space on the roads :suspect:

Like someone said earlier, many cyclists are also drivers, so they do pay 'road tax' (VED). I don't currently, but until 6 weeks ago I did.