Rotherham Real Ale Festival

dacrlit

More information on Magna beer festival as its this week....

Open 6pm to 11pm Wed/Thu/Fri

Open 12pm-11pm Sat

Entry ticket - £10 for Friday evening, £8 all other sessions.

Advance tickets from various pubs in Sheffield including the Rutland Arms and Shakespeare's (see website for full list) or online. Otherwise pay on door.

Concessions for CAMRA members - £4 entry Friday evening, £2 all other sessions - pay on door and show membership card before paying.

Entry on Thursday and Saturday is free to those who attended earlier in the week - simply show souvenier glass on the door.

Range of about 250 ales across several bars in different rooms, massive range of cider and perry, wines and soft drinks also available.

Live music across multiple stages.

The venue is the MAGNA Science Adventure Centre on Sheffield Road near Tinsley, on the Sheffield-Rotherham road.

GETTING THERE

Buses 69 and A1 (both Sheffield Interchange to Rotherham) pass Magna on the main road. Note the entrance is on the other side of the building. Bus 69 is operated by First in the daytime and Stagecoach in the evening. Bus A1 is operated by TM Travel throughout the day.

Bus BF1 is the special beer festival shuttle bus. This will run from Meadowhall Interchange (where bus, tram and train connections are available) to the temporary bus stop outside Magna's entrance and also from Rotherham Interchange. A flat fare of £2 return applies to this bus, normal tickets and passes are not valid.

http://www.magnarealale.co.uk for more information, including listings of beers and bands.

---------- Post added 25-02-2013 at 21:22 ----------

Some new local breweries will have beer at Magna this week including Harthill Village Brewery and Dronfield Brewing Co.

I was charged the correct CAMRA fee of £4 on Saturday but everyone else paid £12 which is extortionate....I hadn't seen this post saying £8.Thats a lot of extra revenue-and it was like organised chaos again in the main hall.Queue to get in then if you need to use the-few- toilets, queue to get in again.And all I could see snack wise was hot dogs near the main entrance.

I was charged the correct CAMRA fee of £4 on Saturday but everyone else paid £12 which is extortionate....I hadn't seen this post saying £8.Thats a lot of extra revenue-and it was like organised chaos again in the main hall.Queue to get in then if you need to use the-few- toilets, queue to get in again.And all I could see snack wise was hot dogs near the main entrance.

£12 was the on the door price, £8 was the advance ticket price. This includes the glass and guide booklet and an all day programe of live music.

Food. There were two cafes - the cafe bar (turn left from main entrance) and another in the big hall where the South Yorkshire bar was.

Toilets - there were 3 sets - main entrance, West Yorkshire Bar and South Yorkshire bar plus portaloos by the smoking area.

And don't forget its all for charity...

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 00:52 ----------

For those that enjoyed Magna and are looking to go to another beer festival, the SIBA BeerX is on at Ponds Forge from 14th to 16th March - http://www.beerx.org.

£12 was the on the door price, £8 was the advance ticket price. This includes the glass and guide booklet and an all day programe of live music.

Food. There were two cafes - the cafe bar (turn left from main entrance) and another in the big hall where the South Yorkshire bar was.

Toilets - there were 3 sets - main entrance, West Yorkshire Bar and South Yorkshire bar plus portaloos by the smoking area.

And don't forget its all for charity...

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 00:52 ----------

For those that enjoyed Magna and are looking to go to another beer festival, the SIBA BeerX is on at Ponds Forge from 14th to 16th March - http://www.beerx.org.

Must have walked around with my eyes shut regarding the cafes but there simply aren't enough toilets.

That all sounds very expensive and badly organised compared to the Derby one I went to a couple of weeks ago. It`s more than double the price! It can often make a huge difference which session you go to though.