Fired with confidence at the Forum, she continued...

Ok then. Got a good response earlier about new Fox alloys for my car so here's another poser for you.

Who's best for car insurance? Mine has lapsed and I need a good quote (ie cheap). Recommendations anyone?

PS - Cannot beleive I have resorted to doing such DULL threads. Do be assured that once my problematic life has been sorted then normal Forum service will be resumed as soon as possible...:rolleyes:

Try Swinton. I have been with them for 2 years and found them cheeper than anyone else when I rang for quotes.

I *heart* the AA. Been with them for 5 years and get a very reasonable quote considering my 2 crashes and 6 speeding points! Also when I had one of said crashes I had a brand new gti golf delivered to my door within the hour of writing off my old knackered written off H plate mini! Very impressive.

Would recommend http://www.confused.com as a starting point - worth the time filling out the form.

budget insurance good. Also if you're in Woodseats pop into that insurance place near Woodseats school let them do the work for you!

It really depends on your personal circumstances (i.e. previous accidents/points).

I have always found directline.com beat everyone - for me and various family members (they also do interest free montly payments)...with a 10% discount online.

I always quote with others to see if things have changed (tesco, aa, sheila's wheels) but direct line do come up best.

Just as a bonus though...if anyone is with direct line and coming up for renewal, by quoting online as a new customer, you would still get your discount...i.e they sent me my renewal and when I quoted online, it came up about £100.00 cheaper - this isn't good but they still beat everyone else!

Good luck..

We did exactly the same with Direct Line and got it £1000 (that's one thousand) cheaper by quoting online.

I've used Zurich for years, nobody can come anywhere near their quotes for me.

MsB,

Would you like me to sing you the Sheila's Wheels song?