An old skool unofficial Sheffield Forum meet 30th September Dev Cat

EdnaKrabappe

As you know, I'm away that weekend but I'll definitely be at another if it gets arranged.

Have fun! I went along to one at Hillsborough many, many moons ago after umming and ahing for ages. Finally bit the bullet and had a great time. Got some good friends out of it too so if you're thinking of going along, but not quite sure, just get yourself there.

I think you are just avoiding me:suspect:

:P Nah, have a great time x

I find the thread title a little confusing with the word skool used. People may think its a school re-union and not read any further. I do hope this meet is successful as I miss going to them.:)

Old skool as in back in the day Pat. Well before your time of meets and before mine, there used to be a core group of people who religiously met at the Dev Cat every week and got themselves up to all sorts of shennanigans.

When I say religious, again I use that term very loosely as the only religious thing about it was, that it was on a Sunday.

I regret not going to them as a lot of them people are now really good mates but at the time I thought meeting people off the internet was a bit odd.

I think there is a good mix of very old skool, recent years meet and brand new people going. Whilst I don't envisage doing this too regular there, I hope it will give people some gusto or enable them to meet some new people.

Old skool as in back in the day Pat. Well before your time of meets and before mine, there used to be a core group of people who religiously met at the Dev Cat every week and got themselves up to all sorts of shennanigans.

When I say religious, again I use that term very loosely as the only religious thing about it was, that it was on a Sunday.

I regret not going to them as a lot of them people are now really good mates but at the time I thought meeting people off the internet was a bit odd.

I think there is a good mix of very old skool, recent years meet and brand new people going. Whilst I don't envisage doing this too regular there, I hope it will give people some gusto or enable them to meet some new people.

Yes, I understand in the days of the first forum meets,as many as 50 people would turn up. I hope we can encourage younger members to come along,and someone takes up the job of holding one every month.