Buying Razor Blades

£1 for ten Wilkinson Sword twin blade disposable razors at poundland in Hillsborough

It definitely is worth it. Check out somewhere like safetyrazors.co.uk

Don't forget a decent brush and cream.

Even if you pay for a top of range safety razor, you're only paying pennies for blades - the savings still add up.

I'm a big fan of the Merkur Futur.

It definitely is worth it. Check out somewhere like safetyrazors.co.uk

Don't forget a decent brush and cream.

Even if you pay for a top of range safety razor, you're only paying pennies for blades - the savings still add up.

I'm a big fan of the Merkur Futur.

My Bold

WOW. I have just had a look on Amazon, I think i will stay with the Gillet for know, but they sure look good.

I have both a Merkur and an Edwin Jagger.

I prefer the weight of the Merkur but both are good.

For anyone new to these types of razors, make sure you look at youtube or read up. It's completely different to shaving using disposables.

I got my first one as a present and managed to make the bathroom look like an abattoir the first time I used it.

Oh. and get a decent badger hair brush. It'll save u cash in the long run.

Probably gonna get the p*&s taken here but what are double edged razors blades? They the ones that are the rectangle blades that you have to fit into the head of one of them old fashioned type razors?

Yep, that's them.

And maybe not as old-fashioned as you might think - some of the handle designs are very modern.

Thought they might have been, remember my Grandad having one, the blades came in a little white box with a black label on the top and if I remember rightly don't you have to stretch the skin out tight to get a clean cut? I'm half asleep in a morning I'd probably lose a nose or ear with all that effort!

Thought they might have been, remember my Grandad having one, the blades came in a little white box with a black label on the top and if I remember rightly don't you have to stretch the skin out tight to get a clean cut? I'm half asleep in a morning I'd probably lose a nose or ear with all that effort!

As this site says, "How To Shave Like Your Grandpa":

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/04/how-to-shave-like-your-grandpa/

I am thinking of going back to shaving with Double Edge blades i seem to remember to getting a better shave with them, rather than these what they sell now 2-3-4 blade ones, not to mention i would think they (double edge) would work out a lot cheaper to use, so my Question is does anybody know where i could buy double edge blades such as Gillet-Wilkinson etc. Thanks in anticipation.

Boots, as others have said. I actually prefer the Boots own-brand razor (metal plates around the blade) over the Wilkinson Sword one (plastic plates) that Boots also sells. (It's also cheaper.)

best razor i have used is one from aldi £2.60 for razor and 5 blades then £2.69 for 10 blades.get 5 good shaves from 1 blade,never cut myself or get sore skin and i shave both down and up,bit of aftershave balm on and you are set for the day