Vw golf problem

i bought a golf about 3 months ago but on the way home the air bag fault light came on and engine management light i think it is. also i noticed the middle of the steering wheel was loose and when i started it up the horn kept going off. now i took it back straight away and they sorted the steering wheel out and they said they had had a diagnostic done and it was the coil pack causing the engine management light, so they changed that(definately made a difference to the performance). when i picked it up though they said the machine they used wont switch the 2 warning lights off so i'd have to take it to vw to switch them off.

does anyone have a machine that would switch them off or at least tell me if the repairs they did have sorted the problem?

Switching the lights off is not the right thing to do.

You need to get the problem sorted, not just turn the lights off.

what op is saying is he has has problems sorted but place that he has been to either can not or will not switch eml off

Switching the lights off is not the right thing to do.

You need to get the problem sorted, not just turn the lights off.

the problem i supposedly sorted but they couldn't switch the lights off. i want to know if the problem is fixed but not sure if i have to go to vw to be sure or if most machines will do it. like i say they said the the coil pack needed replacing and i did notice after they did it the car was much more responsive so it seems like it was fixed but don't know if it was more than one problem with it

what op is saying is he has has problems sorted but place that he has been to either can not or will not switch eml off

thats exactly what i'm saying:) i'm in stannington. i have a friend who works for the AA but last time he tried on a different car of mine the lights came back on but i hadn't had it fixed properly that time i don't think

You just need a diognostics test and they can be turned off and cleared. What happens is they do the fix and repair or refit a new part and the cars computer still saying fault even though there clearly isn't.

Now I can sort this with my trusty iPad and my WIFI OBD2 scanner kit. I use this myself to solve issues when I replaced faulty fuel sensor which gave engine management errors.

I also have a mk5 golf.

You just need a diognostics test and they can be turned off and cleared. What happens is they do the fix and repair or refit a new part and the cars computer still saying fault even though there clearly isn't.

Now I can sort this with my trusty iPad and my WIFI OBD2 scanner kit. I use this myself to solve issues when I replaced faulty fuel sensor which gave engine management errors.

I also have a mk5 golf.

mines a mk4. thats what i'm hoping but while the lights are still there i can't be sure the fix is done so need to make sure. would you be able to have a go with mine? obviously pay you for it, just want the faults off the system so it starts fresh