My family and children SHOT AT in Upperthorpe

"make sure your front door is locked, don’t make it easy for thieves" Yeah? No sh~t Sherlock!

yet youd be amazed at the number of people who are burgled every year because they dont take this simple precaution.

im sure if people didnt need telling, they wouldnt keep having to say it ;)

x

A couple of questions from a shooters point of view.

How far away were the alleged perpetrators of the crime.

How do you know the shots were fired at you.

How do you know it was air rifle shots.

If the incident happened as per the OP posts, then those who fired these guns should be caught and prosecuted. It's as simple as that. As a shooter I would not try to defend the idiots who break the law with any kind of firearm.

Angel.

You say you're a shooter, what ever one of them is? I personally don't hold a firearms certificate but have enough experience of both live ammunition from my army days and pellets from my teenage days to be able to answer all of them questions without having to have been there, as a SHOOTER, you should too.

1) It was an air rifle so not further than 30-40 mtrs.

2) Because they obviously came pretty close, if they didn't see / hear or feel a pellet, they wouldn't bother posting.

3) Firstly, refer to 2, secondly have you ever heard live ammunition being fired, firstly it makes a completely different noise, secondly as the OP said it hit the hut, if it had been live ammo, there would have also been a completely different outcome, also the police would have made an appearance and done a ballistics trace.

Between 6 and 7 tonight (19th August) we were in the garden with my 11 year old son and baby daughter when some idiot fired at least two shots from an air rifle at us.

We are in Upperthorpe near Daniel Hill Mews.

We called the police who came round quickly but could do nothing short of "knock on everyones door in the area" which they didn't.

Please be aware anyone in the area and keep an eye out for your own safety.

I will not be held responsible if it happens again and I find the culprit.

Sorry to hear about your awful experience, It's ********s like these who give air rifles owners/users a bad name.

I'm surprised nobody's started the old "airguns should be banned" routine in this thread.

We called the police who came round quickly but could do nothing short of "knock on everyones door in the area" which they didn't.

We didn't see anyone, but the first known shot whizzed past us all and hit our hut.

So if it hit your shed you know which direction it came from, and your house can't be overlooked by THAT many houses from the same direction.

It wouldn't have taken much work for the police to find the house the shots came from.

Fantastic work South Yorkshire Police!

They've obviously become a part-time police 'force' as well as a Can't-Be-Arsed one.

Hang on! What are they to do short of kicking down every door within firing range and searching every house from top to bottom, pulling up floorboards and sweeping cavity walls with metal detectors? We don't want to live in a country like that!

I shall add that I hope the perp/s gets caught and suitably punished. This is very scary, and not only that, it makes it even more likely that even greater restrictions will be put on those who safely and responsibly enjoy the perfectly reasonable hobby of air-rifling etc.

I shall add that I hope the perp/s gets caught and suitably punished. This is very scary, and not only that, it makes it even more likely that even greater restrictions will be put on those who safely and responsibly enjoy the perfectly reasonable hobby of air-rifling etc.

Well said that man.

Hope you find the idiot/s who did this and give them what for.

Between 6 and 7 tonight (19th August) we were in the garden with my 11 year old son and baby daughter when some idiot fired at least two shots from an air rifle at us.

We are in Upperthorpe near Daniel Hill Mews.

Please be aware anyone in the area and keep an eye out for your own safety.

I will not be held responsible if it happens again and I find the culprit.

It does annoy me about the resources of the police. You see them all the time stopping cars driving down to Park Square roundabout. Yet not prepared to spend money or resources to things that really matter ie people getting shot at. I really feel for you.