Breastfeeding in public- disappointed in people's attitudes

You must realise that not everyone wants to suddenly be confronted with such a scene in a place they had not expected to witness it. Totally understandable that for some it's an uncomfortable experience and is rather discourteous to assume that it's perfectly acceptable. No big deal though, just another "group" that feel their right is greater than everyone else's. When of course, it isn't.

But people aren't confronted with the scene, women are very discreet about it, as I say its a natural as you having a tea or coffee. Sorry but people ought to lighten up, there's worse things in the world going on friend :):)

You must realise that not everyone wants to suddenly be confronted with such a scene in a place they had not expected to witness it. Totally understandable that for some it's an uncomfortable experience and is rather discourteous to assume that it's perfectly acceptable. No big deal though, just another "group" that feel their right is greater than everyone else's. When of course, it isn't.

I think a mother's right to feed her baby much greater than the right of some withered prude not to be horrified by witnessing a brief glimpse of breast.

perfectly normal

How would someone just strolling along even notice, unless they were the type that's always on the look out for something to be outraged about? And even if you could see a bit of breast why would seeing a baby being fed be an uncomfortable experience and not acceptable?

When my mate's wife was feeding their kid, when people were there, she just put a cover over her shoulder and over the baby. You'd have to be really staring over a period of time to even notice what was going on.

You are obviously trolling here (or have little experience with newborns). The OP said that the baby was a couple of weeks old and at that age demand feeding is the norm (at a couple of weeks old the baby is likely to be going through one of the many growth spurts so will be needing lots of milk, lots of the time). Saying that the mum should have forward planned is not so easy really unless you suggest that she should stay a virtual prisoner in her home until the child is weaned. Breastfeeding is natures way of feeding human infants (not feeding them something that was originally designed to feed baby cows). Many of the kids playing in the park are likely to have been fed in that kind of way and are likely to have seen siblings fed in that sort of way so it would not be 'un-natural' for them. Luckily when feeding my kids in public, I did not get any negative feedback - it is a shame that it is still out there now :(

Funny you should say that Lucy, I called him a troll on another discussion last night :o

To be fair, if there was some sort of sign, you know, like a warning deer crossing road sign to alert casual strollers in the park that the following zone is for "the breast feeders", I wouldn't have any issue but you have to understand that suddenly happening upon such a scene can be quite a shock and even distressing for some. Remember, the world is full of "other people."

I'd like to see that sign...:D

Seriously though, you should just ignore comments like that and definitely don't let it get to you