State of sheffield parks..

web1

Is it just me or do the vast majority of sheffield parks and playgrounds resemble little more than derelict wastelands strewn with litter,glass and graffiti that aren't fit to let your dogs run around in, leave alone your children, Why have the council invested heavily in the 'regeneration' of our local playgrounds only for them to wilter away in a relatively short space of time.

I am talking specifically about the 2 parks in highgreen, the fosters and mortomley, not 2 years old and already close to abandoned ruins.

My 3 year old cannot even go on the slide as its covered in filth.

Why is it that certain, well known and popular parks are monitered and maintained to a very high standard yet most of the parks in and around sheffield are left to rot.

Why invest in them and not invest in maintaining them, and why are the youth of today not taught anything other than what their rights are.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Rant over.

Is it just me or do the vast majority of sheffield parks and playgrounds resemble little more than derelict wastelands strewn with litter,glass and graffiti that aren't fit to let your dogs run around in, leave alone your children, Why have the council invested heavily in the 'regeneration' of our local playgrounds only for them to wilter away in a relatively short space of time.

I am talking specifically about the 2 parks in highgreen, the fosters and mortomley, not 2 years old and already close to abandoned ruins.

My 3 year old cannot even go on the slide as its covered in filth.

Why is it that certain, well known and popular parks are monitered and maintained to a very high standard yet most of the parks in and around sheffield are left to rot.

Why invest in them and not invest in maintaining them, and why are the youth of today not taught anything other than what their rights are.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Rant over.

In the good old days we had parkies and the gates were locked at night dogs on a lead, no bikes to be ridden some even had age range playgrounds.On a recent walk through millhouses park i found myself walking round a section of grass that in my youth had a keep off the grass sign on it.old habits etc.

More Sheff parks got accolades than in any other GB city. Shame Graves didn`t make it but I guess that`s due to the dog walkers.

guess the thread shoulda read the state of GB's parks then....

Maybe its time the community did their bit, and ensure the parks are looked after and respected by their kids?

If local parents and children were involved in the upkeep of our parks, then we could expect them to be better appreciated.

Hi If your play area is in need of maintanence you need to contact the council. I think they should be inspected weekly. But here is a link to the website.

There is also a way you can help to regenerate local play areas.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/parks-woodlands--countryside/parks/playgrounds-in-parks.html

Who is going to pay for it to be inspected weekly? :suspect:

In some areas, the resident choose to vandalise their playgrounds, covering them in litter, glass and graffiti.

In other areas, the residents look after their playgrounds.

I am talking specifically about the 2 parks in highgreen, the fosters and mortomley,

Rant over.

With respect 2 is not "the vast majority". The parks I use are kept pretty well.