Oldham V The Owls

I've rung Burtons and they said "After seeing 11 Blade arses on Saturday, we're not too keen on seeing yet another one so soon, or we might have to kick this one aswell" ;):D:hihi:

lol i thought blades would be sick of seeing burtons this week:hihi:

i think you mean in your opinion of how football should be played i.e. olden days rough an tumble it shouldnt be a foul

but in the rules of today there were contact from behind which means 100% penalty fact. (although soft iyo)

the players / commentaters / tv guests non of em complained an agreed it was a pen

Lettie I know what you mean about the pen and, I accept that they are given no matter how "puffy" they seem, my main beef is the free kick that led to your 2nd, the lad clearly plays the ball 1st, and in the rules of football is not a foul.

Referees have been primed now to accept any fall that represents Rudolph Nureyev type of antics, gets a free kick. I'm not advocating going back to 70's; I'm advocating footballers "manning" up, and stop rolling about like Jessies to get people booked.

There was 1 incident I caught in game just a minute, and you'd got a free kick & some "girl" was showing ref his "tummy" ah bless, I cut myself worse shaving. When you start you'll get my drift :D

Thought Gardner was utter poop last night, 9 out 10 of his passes out of defence played to opposition feet, his positioning for the smith header near the end was what I can only describe as pub league.

Pecnik wasn't effective in the first half because he was being played in his weaker position, he came onto the game once coke came on in midfield and he slotted in the center forward position just behind the striker, as for coke, he and megson apparently fell out and he became a disruptive influence in the dressing room, so was shipped out on loan and I reckon DJ just didn't want to rock the boat when coke returned to the club,

JJ, he's a conundrum he is the sort of player that can either go all game unnoticed and turn up in 90th min and pop in the winner or he will run a team ragged for the whole time he's on the pitch and not score with his shots being closer to the corner flags.

Heard there's a loan deal going through on Friday for a prem striker untill jan, as with all rumours I'll believe it when it's on the website.

Lettie I know what you mean about the pen and, I accept that they are given no matter how "puffy" they seem, my main beef is the free kick that led to your 2nd, the lad clearly plays the ball 1st, and in the rules of football is not a foul.

Referees have been primed now to accept any fall that represents Rudolph Nureyev type of antics, gets a free kick. I'm not advocating going back to 70's; I'm advocating footballers "manning" up, and stop rolling about like Jessies to get people booked.

There was 1 incident I caught in game just a minute, and you'd got a free kick & some "girl" was showing ref his "tummy" ah bless, I cut myself worse shaving. When you start you'll get my drift :D

start what shaving? lol... now thats not nice:) i could go on about how all the old coffin dodgers on here need to understand the rules of the modern game instead of been stuck in a time warp but i dont ;)

year 2012.... contact means foul fact weather that right or wrong in a lot of peoples opinions that dont matter. what about the whole gerrard incident when blades played liverpool in there one season wonder wasnt the pen/ free kick (cant remember which) given for intent? its sad but its the rules of today

........ what about the whole gerrard incident when blades played liverpool in there one season wonder wasnt the pen/ free kick (cant remember which) given for intent? its sad but its the rules of today

Was that ever confirmed though? The only type of foul that intent plays a part in is handball.

start what shaving? lol... now thats not nice:) i could go on about how all the old coffin dodgers on here need to understand the rules of the modern game instead of been stuck in a time warp but i dont ;)

year 2012.... contact means foul fact weather that right or wrong in a lot of peoples opinions that dont matter. what about the whole gerrard incident when blades played liverpool in there one season wonder wasnt the pen/ free kick (cant remember which) given for intent? its sad but its the rules of today

Only joking about the shaving :), the Gerrard pen was a farce & not one ref agreed with Styles. On the same season though what about the one at Old Trafford when Hienze brought down Luton Shelton, nailed on pen did we get it? NO.

Eee you don't know how close the coffin dodger is lol, good luck for new season, soon be back to dodgy tackles & sendings off.

I can't believe how much that Lee Croft lad has travelled, personally I have always liked what he gives going forward when I have seen him in the past. At Norwich he must have been one of their key men and at Derby he looked dangerous as well, since then he seems to have gone down hill and i'm not sure why because I would have a punt on him at the lane.

I can't believe how much that Lee Croft lad has travelled, personally I have always liked what he gives going forward when I have seen him in the past. At Norwich he must have been one of their key men and at Derby he looked dangerous as well, since then he seems to have gone down hill and i'm not sure why because I would have a punt on him at the lane.

thought he put himself about well that lad

Only joking about the shaving :), the Gerrard pen was a farce & not one ref agreed with Styles. On the same season though what about the one at Old Trafford when Hienze brought down Luton Shelton, nailed on pen did we get it? NO.

Eee you don't know how close the coffin dodger is lol, good luck for new season, soon be back to dodgy tackles & sendings off.

yep im sure there will be hundreds more talking points this season! i was joking to id be a hypocrit if i wished blades luck this season but i wish you good health supporting your team :thumbsup:

yep im sure there will be hundreds more talking points this season! i was joking to id be a hypocrit if i wished blades luck this season but i wish you good health supporting your team :thumbsup:

Hey that's' banter for you, should be a good game @ Derby

God I knew you morons were biased but at least I thought you'd see an incident as it happens, obviously not. Don't talk like an arse Simmo's pen came down same time as the Mars lander, if that was a foul I'll show my arse in Burton's window.

Me thinks you ought to get a proper TV or; get to specsavers, no way on this earth was it a foul.

I mean we are all biased towards our teams; but when things happen at least I, tell it as it is.

the 1st question asked at h/t to the pundits was 'was it a penalty'? and joe royle said yes definately, get over yourself.

continue calling people morons though :hihi::hihi::hihi: reeeeeeeeeally

Thought Gardner was utter poop last night, 9 out 10 of his passes out of defence played to opposition feet, his positioning for the smith header near the end was what I can only describe as pub league.

Pecnik wasn't effective in the first half because he was being played in his weaker position, he came onto the game once coke came on in midfield and he slotted in the center forward position just behind the striker, as for coke, he and megson apparently fell out and he became a disruptive influence in the dressing room, so was shipped out on loan and I reckon DJ just didn't want to rock the boat when coke returned to the club,

JJ, he's a conundrum he is the sort of player that can either go all game unnoticed and turn up in 90th min and pop in the winner or he will run a team ragged for the whole time he's on the pitch and not score with his shots being closer to the corner flags.

Heard there's a loan deal going through on Friday for a prem striker untill jan, as with all rumours I'll believe it when it's on the website.

I've said it a good few times and I will say it again, Gardner in my opinion was a poor signing. His best days are far behind him and he's not done anything for a few years except being part of relegation teams. His ability has gone down hill in recent years from what I have seen on him and he is not a regular first teamer at Championship level what so ever. In fact if you sent him to Sheffield United in league one now, I wouldn't pick him over Collins and Maguire no way. Likened to Nosworthy on current ability!