New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

Guest busdriver1

my daughter got on a bus from manor to town last saturday and the bus driver told her she had to pay full price when she is a student and had her pass with her, when she questioned it he said well from next sunday you will have to pay it as thats the date for changing over and this bus route students have to pay full fare.

now after reading 2 news papers now and not one mentions price change to student i think he was robbing her wish id complained now.

What type of student pass? The actual concessionary bus pass issued to qualifying 16-18 year old college kids or are you talking about the special offer offered by some operators to local University students? Until the new offers started this week First only offered the University student deal on bus routes that go past the University of Sheffield such as the 52, however Stagecoach offered theirs on all routes in Sheffield.

Edited by Andy C

Guest busdriver1
my daughter got on a bus from manor to town last saturday and the bus driver told her she had to pay full price when she is a student and had her pass with her, when she questioned it he said well from next sunday you will have to pay it as thats the date for changing over and this bus route students have to pay full fare.

now after reading 2 news papers now and not one mentions price change to student i think he was robbing her wish id complained now.

If it was the 32 that would be right last week. This week a student fare is available to NUS card holders from SHU and UoS within the Sheffield boundary.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for bumping this thread. The FirstDay is now £3.60 apparently. Does this apply all day, or do First still do that thing where it's more expensive if you buy it before 0930? There website doesn't mention anything about it being more expensive early in the morning, but I'm sure I've heard bus drivers mention it recently.

Apologies for bumping this thread. The FirstDay is now £3.60 apparently. Does this apply all day, or do First still do that thing where it's more expensive if you buy it before 0930? There website doesn't mention anything about it being more expensive early in the morning, but I'm sure I've heard bus drivers mention it recently.

Its all day.

In Sheffield its all day - in Leeds it is still more expensive before 9.30 (going by your user name guessing thats why you're asking.

I cannot think of any Sheffield day ticket with time restrictions these days.

The basic range is:

First Day Sheffield £3.60

TM Travel Sheffield Yo Yo Day £3.60

Stagecoach Sheffield Bus Only Dayrider £3.60

Stagecoach Sheffield Bus & Tram Dayrider £4.00

Sheffield Citywide (all operator) bus and tram Day £4.30

With more expensive options available for those requiring a wider area of travel than just Sheffield.

Weekly tickets probably the best value for some time!!

First Week Sheffield £11.50

Stagecoach Sheffield Megarider, Bus Only £11.50

Stagecoach Sheffield Megarider, Bus & Tram £13.50 (reduced to £11.50 until 8th December)

TM Travel Sheffield Yo Yo Week £11.50

Sheffield Citywide Week, all operators bus & tram £17.00

Stagecoach have also introduced pay monthly smart cards (see http://www.buymymegarider.com)

Bus only or tram only, Sheffield - £42 per month

Bus & Tram, Sheffield - £46 per month

Bus & Tram, Sheffield & Chesterfield - £54 per month

Bus & Tram Gold (S Yorkshire, W Yorkshire, Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire) £69 per month

and First offer a monthly pass sold online too... (http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/tickets/firstmonth/)

First Month Sheffield - £42

First Month South Yorkshire - £74.70

Edited by Andy C