New bus fares promotion from First on some Sheffield routes

Guest busdriver1
Will be interesting I think - those used to paying £18.50 a week on First then faced with a choice of paying £17 a week for any bus or tram regardless of operator or £11 to stick with one operator - some may go for the £17 option as its still less than they previously paid and allows them to jump on the first bus that turns up - also on routes where a different operator provides the evening and Sunday service this may also prove attractive.

Get real. THIS IS SHEFFIELD the cheapest is the one that will sell every time. You know I am right. Then in a few months they will be on here complaining about the expensive citywide tickets, and still calling First mainline. :loopy:

Get real. THIS IS SHEFFIELD the cheapest is the one that will sell every time. You know I am right. Then in a few months they will be on here complaining about the expensive citywide tickets, and still calling First mainline. :loopy:

maybe but it depends how many more routes are going to be operated by more than one operator. i heard a rumour at my depot that first are going to be running the 88 route aswell as part of this bus partnership or something. i can see the citwide being quite an attractive option for some, i know people have asked me if there is/will be such a ticket coming in

maybe but it depends how many more routes are going to be operated by more than one operator. i heard a rumour at my depot that first are going to be running the 88 route aswell as part of this bus partnership or something. i can see the citwide being quite an attractive option for some, i know people have asked me if there is/will be such a ticket coming in

Not sure about that. Looking at the consultation leaflet (http://www.sheffieldbuspartnership.co.uk/content/South-Sheffield.pdf) it doesn't mention that, the only routes that will be multi-operator at the same time are the 52/120, although some like now may have a different operator evenings and Sundays.

Just for reference, the proposed line up along Ecclesall Road will be:

81 Sheffield-Bents Green via Greystones (First)

82 Sheffield-Ecclesall (First)

83 Ecclesfield-Millhouses (Stagecoach)

83A Ecclesfield-Fulwood (Stagecoach)

85 Sheffield-Millhouses (First)

88 High Green-Bents Green (Stagecoach)

with all the above co-ordinated to provide a bus at least every 5 minutes. Additionally there will be the Derbyshire services (65/214/215/272) operated by First and TM Travel as now.

Not sure about that. Looking at the consultation leaflet (http://www.sheffieldbuspartnership.co.uk/content/South-Sheffield.pdf) it doesn't mention that, the only routes that will be multi-operator at the same time are the 52/120, although some like now may have a different operator evenings and Sundays.

Just for reference, the proposed line up along Ecclesall Road will be:

81 Sheffield-Bents Green via Greystones (First)

82 Sheffield-Ecclesall (First)

83 Ecclesfield-Millhouses (Stagecoach)

83A Ecclesfield-Fulwood (Stagecoach)

85 Sheffield-Millhouses (First)

88 High Green-Bents Green (Stagecoach)

with all the above co-ordinated to provide a bus at least every 5 minutes. Additionally there will be the Derbyshire services (65/214/215/272) operated by First and TM Travel as now.

not sure then, he just said there will be alot more routes of ours that first will be operating aswell, maybe he was wrong then. maybe it is what you have shown above he was meaning. i still think there will be some demand for the citywide weekly, thats what i think but until it starts we wont know

Hi just to let you now that from next week the first weekly ticket for sheffield on all first routes is £11 no promotion thats the price and the day saver is £3.40 standard price no promotion and the single fares on first buses have taken a huge drop, comes with new management

Hi just to let you now that from next week the first weekly ticket for sheffield on all first routes is £11 no promotion thats the price and the day saver is £3.40 standard price no promotion and the single fares on first buses have taken a huge drop, comes with new management

This price matching is good news.

The new choice within Sheffield is...

Stagecoach Sheffield Bus Dayrider £3.40

First Day Sheffield £3.40 (was £4.60)

Stagecoach Sheffield Bus & Tram Dayrider £3.90

TM Travel Day Yo Yo £3.95

Sheffield Citywide Day (all operator) £5.00 (reduced to £4.30 from 28th October)

Stagecoach Sheffield Weekly Bus Megarider £11.00

First Week Sheffield £11.00 (was £18.50)

Stagecoach Sheffield Weekly Bus & Tram Megarider £13.00

TM Travel Weekly Yo Yo £13.00

Sheffield Citywide Week (all operator, from 28th October) £17.00

It should be noted that from the 28th some of the secondary routes currently operated by First will be taken over by other operators.

Edited by Andy C

So the cost of a weekly ticket comes down by about a third for some passengers?

What will Sheffield Forum trolls find to complain about now?

Great news - only negative is on those routes where the operator changes later in the day, especially on routes where there are no alternatives. Feel it would be fairer to let pass holders also use the changed operator at no extra cost. Eg 70 bus where First changes to TMT in the evenings and all day Sunday. This effectively takes at least a day off the weekly pass and more if you have to return from work in the evening.

Only just noticed the new bus fares - brilliant for me personally. I pay £80.75 for a travelmaster, from now on i'll buy the citywide weekly will save me a few quid a month which is always a bonus

Great news - only negative is on those routes where the operator changes later in the day, especially on routes where there are no alternatives. Feel it would be fairer to let pass holders also use the changed operator at no extra cost. Eg 70 bus where First changes to TMT in the evenings and all day Sunday. This effectively takes at least a day off the weekly pass and more if you have to return from work in the evening.

The new Citywide tickets cater for this, which are cheaper than the prices previously charged by First.

However it may be worth noting that in some cases after the changes routes that are currently change operator evenings and Sundays will no longer do so, for example

4/4A City-Bents Green/Millhouses via Psalter Lane - will now be TM Travel at all times

20/20A Hillsborough-City-Hemsworth - will now be First at all times

25 City-Woodhouse - will now have Stagecoach buses evenings and Sundays

30/30A City-Crystal Peaks-Plumbley - will now be TM Travel at all times

57 City-Stocksbridge - will now be Stagecoach at all times

79/79A Jordanthorpe-City-Chapeltown/Ecclesfield - will now be Stagecoach at all times

83 Ecclesfield-Millhouses (replacing old 4 to Millhouses) will now be Stagecoach at all times

87 Lowedges-High Green - will now have an evening service.

Hi just to let you now that from NOW the first weekly ticket for sheffield on all first routes is £11 for a week ticket and the day saver is £3.40 also the sheffield weekly student saver is now £7 with a 60p student single on all routes and the single fares on first buses have taken a huge drop, think they really are listening to customers for a change thanks

They must swapping all the buses for pedal ones