La Vaca Steakhouse, Broomhill

Went again 2 nights ago. Amazing. Nothing more needs to be said. One of my favourite restaurants in Sheffield.

We went on NYE. The service was excellent with all of the staff being very friendly and welcoming. Prices are very competitive and the food was second to none. I had a 12oz Sirloin which was very juicy and tastey. Also, as somebody else mentioned. the chips are brilliant. We'll definitely be returning.

We had booked a table for 7pm last night - got there table not ready, then after giving us our drinks they moved us without any assistance to a corner table where the lampshade was in the way. 30 minutes later we got our starter. Then nothing - no apology from staff, nothing - it got to 8.10pm so we left. I'm sure the food is good it is just that we never got to taste it - 70 minutes to wait for a steak that takes 4 minutes to cook! Ridiculous.

We had booked a table for 7pm last night - got there table not ready, then after giving us our drinks they moved us without any assistance to a corner table where the lampshade was in the way. 30 minutes later we got our starter. Then nothing - no apology from staff, nothing - it got to 8.10pm so we left. I'm sure the food is good it is just that we never got to taste it - 70 minutes to wait for a steak that takes 4 minutes to cook! Ridiculous.

If I had a table booked for 7.00 I would expect my starter 730ish and then main at 800........so you were only 10 mins off that.

i hear Mc donalds do something much quicker and maybe more to your taste?:o

Its a real pity you did not get chance to try the steak as on both our visits the food and service were excellent. what was the response when you asked about the delay?

Had a table booked for 8.30 last night ( 7 people Surname Mr H**** ). Walked in, 2 min wait for table then seated . All staff pleasant and helpfull, drinks, starters steaks and service all excellent ( that 24oz Pan Handle Ribeye was the muts nuts ;-) ) .

Thanks to all, definately will be back again.

Had a table booked for 8.30 last night ( 7 people Surname Mr H**** ). Walked in, 2 min wait for table then seated . All staff pleasant and helpfull, drinks, starters steaks and service all excellent ( that 24oz Pan Handle Ribeye was the muts nuts ;-) ) .

Thanks to all, definately will be back again.

So are the Korean meat balls.

Went to weeks ago on a busy Saturday, night top notch rib eye steaks and service. Would definately recommend and would go again.

Practiced my Spanish while there also..very friendly staff...

Went on Saturday night - excellent! Lovely food and the steaks were cooked exactly as we wanted. Will definitely be back soon.

I went last night for the second time, I like their idea of NOT over pricing their bottles of wine like most restaurants do.

You also get " proper " chips.