Noise in Sheffield 6

I remember now we were coming home from the pub last night about that time and I commenting about something similar to my partner. I had a brief view of it over the top of our house. It looked like some smoke/ steam coming from the area of the Bradfield Road flats at Hillsborough.:suspect:

I remember now we were coming home from the pub last night about that time and I commenting about something similar to my partner. I had a brief view of it over the top of our house. It looked like some smoke/ steam coming from the area of the Bradfield Road flats at Hillsborough.:suspect:

That steam was coming from the cadbury's factory and was making a high pitched noise last night.

Whatever it was kept me awake for most of last night - not good when you have to get up at stupid o'clock for work.

Starting tomorrow night at midnight, there will be 10 nights of work on Middlewood Rd between Dixon Road and Taplin Rd.

Enjoy.

Low pitched humming? Wasps = wasps nest!! Possibly

As an expert in all things vespula, I can assure you that wasps don't flit about humming (though I think I once heard one whistling 'Xanadu' in a potting shed).

As an expert in all things vespula, I can assure you that wasps don't flit about humming (though I think I once heard one whistling 'Xanadu' in a potting shed).

Just thought humming could sound like buzzing! I bow to your superior knowledge of all things WASP! :hihi: P.S. What does vespula mean?

P.P.S. Vespula = social wasps. Since when have wasps been social!! Horrible little irritants :gag:

Edited by chocki